Campgrounds within 3 hours of Indy (and as far away from children as possible)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    There is an AOL campground off I-69 at the 326 mile marker (Auburn) that doesn't seem to have many kids around it. Numerous museums to check out in and around Auburn if your into that kind of stuff.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Not a kid hater either, we have grown kids and prefer quiet camping. Even when the kids were young. I dislike screaming brats, they are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me! Gun ranges are quiet in comparison.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    :rolleyes:......
    Kid-hater,huh?.....:rolleyes:
    An' just think........if yer Ol'man had same mentality......an' pull'd out,or dump'd the cheez in'a nuther cavity.......ya would'n be type'n......

No I don't hate kids but with parents nowadays allowing them to build their "self-esteem" at everyone elses expense, I don't have the patience. I paid my dues, my kids behaved when necessary and when they needed some "cut loose" time we went to a hockey game!! Lotsa friends with kids but they aren't brats, even when they're having fun! Like I said, it's my hangup and I'll not ask anyone to corral their brood to please me.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Just couldn't stand it could you, oh well another insignificant :rolleyes: for my collection.

How should I handle it remy, go to a campground over run with the little dearlings and then whine all weekend?

Nah....instead I would recommend you goto a psychologist instead and maybe have your social disorder looked in to. Its quite possible you are medically in need of anti-anxiety meds....or ?????. Nothing to be ashamed about, some people are just wired differently. :dunno:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If you like smaller campgrounds, you might try Charlarose Lake & Campground. They have a few kids, especially on holidays, but it's still usually pretty quiet there. Oh, and the lake is really a quaint little farm pond, but the catfish, bass and bluegill are pretty good eatin' out of there until the water gets hot in late summer.

You can look them up to get details if interested.

Top Bottom