• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It is where you take a GPS (Global Positioning System) and go treasure hunting. You can go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site and find caches in an area you intend to visit, Lincoln park has about 6 or so in the area. Then download the coordinates into your handheld GPS and go hunting. It is a lot of fun to find them, when you find a cash you sign a log book and take a trinket from the cach and leave one as well. Some are very hard and you may have to search for several times others are great for beginners and kids and easily spotted. It is great practice in using your GPS and teaches kids about orienteering and even map reading. St. Meinerad Abby has several around it some hard some easy, you can spend a day in this area walking and searching.

Thanks for the information. That does sound like fun and something my family might really enjoy.

Thanks again.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I think an INGO camping trip would be awesome. We could have it at one the state parks. Count me in :thumbsup:

That would be a hoot, I'm game..

It is where you take a GPS (Global Positioning System) and go treasure hunting. You can go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site and find caches in an area you intend to visit, Lincoln park has about 6 or so in the area. Then download the coordinates into your handheld GPS and go hunting. It is a lot of fun to find them, when you find a cash you sign a log book and take a trinket from the cach and leave one as well. Some are very hard and you may have to search for several times others are great for beginners and kids and easily spotted. It is great practice in using your GPS and teaches kids about orienteering and even map reading. St. Meinerad Abby has several around it some hard some easy, you can spend a day in this area walking and searching.

That sounds really cool, and another reason for me to buy a GPS.

Favorite Indiana Campground would have to be Raccoon Lake in Rockville Indiana. The place is perfect for boating and just hanging out. I was at Brookville lake this past weekend. Stayed at the Mounds campsites. They were really nice. Had everything we could need including toilets, and showers.

I really enjoyed Racoon Lake, only problem was the noise.. Maybe it was just that weekend but the stereos where out of freaking control late into the night.. (maybe I'm just old and ornery?)

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    I really enjoyed Racoon Lake, only problem was the noise.. Maybe it was just that weekend but the stereos where out of freaking control late into the night.. (maybe I'm just old and ornery?)

Hmmmm that could of been me! Sorry about that :cheers:

MattCook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Fishers
    For backcountry Charles deam wilderness is cool. South side of lake Monroe. Free parking and no fee to camp. Good place to test gear

Top Bottom