• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Its a timing thing. If things are running quick, when you are in the process of getting come ups, we will do 500 right after you get your come ups for 400 since you are already down there. If things are running slow we will just run into an AQT going forward (which is what we did last time) and scrap the move to 500 so you can get an extra AQT in on Saturday.

We are still tweaking that Course of Fire to make it more efficient and save time and, when we polled shooters at the first Atterbury Appleseed they unanimously said they would rather have an extra shot at the AQT than comeups for 500.

I can say when we did a test run of our BattleSight Zero Course of Fire this summer we did a single sight setting out to 500 yards and Yellowhousejake's group out of Rimshot's .308 was pretty happening. 3 rounds in the palm of a hand at 500 yards with no bipod, no benchrest, no sandbag, just a borrowed rifle he had never touched before and a sling is AWESOME.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    ....I can say when we did a test run of our BattleSight Zero Course of Fire this summer we did a single sight setting out to 500 yards and Yellowhousejake's group out of Rimshot's .308 was pretty happening. 3 rounds in the palm of a hand at 500 yards with no bipod, no benchrest, no sandbag, just a borrowed rifle he had never touched before and a sling is AWESOME.
    Holy cow! :ar15:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    Who else is coming out? Anyone else camping?

Any attendees that live in Indy? ... PM me ... please.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A buddy Steve is going both days. I don't think he's on INGO. I just did north Vernon today with my bro-in-law. We'll both be at day 2 on Sunday only. I'm in Indy.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Really wanted to do this after shooting my first Appleseed a few weekends ago in Noblesville. Unfortunately the wife had other plans booked out that I could not break away from.

I will closely be monitoring this thread to live vicariously through you all and looking for the next full distance Atterbury shoot this Winter/Spring so I can participate.

PSA: can someone take tons of good pics and some video to share with everyone????

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    W00t! I shot double Rifleman today. Thank you to all the seed volunteers for all you time organizing and running this shoot. I really didn't think the second AQT was going to be any good. I surprised myself on that one. The first AQT felt good though.

:patriot:

btownie

Plinker
    May 23, 2012
    Monroe County
    W00t! I shot double Rifleman today. Thank you to all the seed volunteers for all you time organizing and running this shoot. I really didn't think the second AQT was going to be any good. I surprised myself on that one. The first AQT felt good though.

:patriot:
    Congrats!
    My gun broke after the first 5 shots, I used a borrowed rifle and shot a rifleman's score.

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    congrats hop!!!! I have been waiting for the chance to say that. congrats also go out to the rest of the riflemen from this weekend, wish i could have been there. atterbury is a fun range, its also a great gear/self check. shoot, walk, shoot, walk, shoot walk. you quickly find out what "everything you will need, nothing you will not use" means.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Dang it!

I was there this weekend but couldn't break away from Our Qualifications Ranges this weekend....

By the way qual'd at 30 out 40, not bad considering my M-16 had a bent front sight, and broken rear sight....

Top Bottom