• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    ohh, center-fire only.

Not geared for that with the boy. Guess we'll find another even for now.

I am pretty sure there won't be a shortage of rifles around there. I'm sure someone would let you send some rounds down range with one or 2. I know I would if I was there.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I just ordered some ammo for this seed.

Now I need to figure out what optic combo to put on the what gun. I'm leaning towards putting my 4x ACOG on my 20" Colt and shoot some 77 gr PRVI. I did the iron sight thing last time. These eyes will need a little magnification this time.

C'mon JVE, let's do this!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    I just ordered some ammo for this seed.

Now I need to figure out what optic combo to put on the what gun. I'm leaning towards putting my 4x ACOG on my 20" Colt and shoot some 77 gr PRVI. I did the iron sight thing last time. These eyes will need a little magnification this time.

C'mon JVE, let's do this!

This^^^ .... among some other things on the checklist. Thanks for the reminder

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    It isn't necessarily a rimfire only event. It can be done with .22 but it is a much more technically demanding thing to do with .22.

(I am bringing a .22 to give it a shot. I think a Williams target sight has enough elevation in it to get me out to 300 at least.)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    It isn't necessarily a rimfire only event. It can be done with .22 but it is a much more technically demanding thing to do with .22.

(I am bringing a .22 to give it a shot. I think a Williams target sight has enough elevation in it to get me out to 300 at least.)

Pray for a calm day. If it turns into a blustery fall day, I don't think you would be able to dial in enough windage for a .22 at 300 yards. Though, I would love to see/try it myself.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Atterbury really isn't that daunting of a wind range, IMO. If I were to run out of windage, which would be tough as the sight has lots of windage, I would further the adjustment with holdover.

This isn't something I would encourage everyone to do, of course. I have already shot at Atterbury several times and shot Rifleman on the Appleseed course. This is pure experimentation. I am in possession of a biathlon rifle with a set of Williams FP sights that have so much elevation and windage in them that I believe this is doable. I wouldn't suggest this for anyone who didn't already know what they are about and have the target to prove it. I also intend to chrono the round used and do some math before hand.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm thinking the October weather will not be as calm as it was this summer. I'm gonna shoot 77 grain PRVI this time. :)

I do need to get a hold of the shoot boss somehow. My RO card is good until 3/2013.

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    Hop, i am definately out for that saturday, but i am going to try to get out there with the m1 on sunday (had some issues with it last time, pretty sure i got it worked out so hopefully i can get out there).
    yellowhousejake is the shoot boss for this event. you can pm him on here.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    PM'd YHJ about just shooting Sunday myself. Family plans popped up for Saturday.

My daughter & I would like to shoot a 1 day in North Vernon, IN - Saturday Oct 13 then me do Sunday at Atterbury. My sister & bro-in-law are already signed up for North Vernon, IN - Oct 13.

Does 1 day @ North Vernon & day 2 Sunday @ Atterbury count as one event towards my RO card?

Last edited:

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    the roc card only expires after one year or after you shoot rifleman. you should be fine, unless you shoot rifleman on the 1 day in north vernon (which i suspect is a definate possibility)
    i will do my best to be at atterbury on sunday, whether i am working or shooting depends on the shoot boss.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Appleseed Atterbury Video

Who's Going?

[ame="http://youtu.be/9avAiIq58D4"]http://youtu.be/9avAiIq58D4[/ame]

[Watch in 720p!]

Top Bottom