• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I need a new grease gun to get to some of the fittings on my truck as the gun I have does not have a flexible hose.

So I have been looking at new ones online since I am stuck at work and have discovered they have some that attach to your air compressor.

Is there any advantages to having something like this I am not seeing? (I don't mind running the compressor and hose and what not if there is an advantage)

I only use the stuff about twice-three times a year to grease the fittings on the mower and snow blower and sometimes the truck unless I can pawn that off on someone else willing to crawl under it.

:)

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    No more than you use it just get a hand one.air ones are for big bearings on machines or someone who grease alot of things.hand ones are a lot cheaper they all do the same thing only air is fast.hope this helps

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    No advantage for home use, most likely anything you are lubing on the car shouldn't take more than two-three pumps anyway. We get stuff from these guys if you are looking for some kind of kit with a variety of tips for accessing hard to reach spots.
    AIRCRAFT LUBRICATION TOOLS

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    If you have a Harbor Freight by you get one of their electric hand grease guns. I bought one and have had no problems. I use it pretty frequently to grease some lawn mowers (Scags) and all the vehicles in the family and its held up just fine.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    1240_HR.jpg

:D

I bought one of these. The loader on my tractor takes about a half tube of grease. A hand one is hell on carpal tunnel.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The key to any grease gun is not to pump too fast or you'll end up with air pockets all the time. You have to allow the spring pressure to overcome the grease. Especially with heavy grease.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Just buy a hose end for your current grease gun. I think I paid a couple dollars for mine at the local farm store. I bought a new grease gun and the flexible hose for under $15, including a tube of grease.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Im on my 3rd pneumatic grease gun in the past 15 years. The first was a cheap one from northern tools that wouldn stay primed. The 2nd a Lincoln that only lasted a couple of years. The Lincoln quit working and though out of warranty they sent me a new better model for free. The new Lincoln retails for about 100 bucks and has been a joy to use. I would never go back to a hand pumped grease gun.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I like the one hand grip type rather than the single lever. A hose and a couple different types of fitting couplers is pretty handy.

The biggest advice is not to try to go cheap. That will be nothing but problems. Pay more the first time and you will not have to pay again. I have an SW Alemite that is about 50 years old and a Plews that takes the smaller grease cartidges. It is over ten years old. In the middle I bought 4 or 5 cheapies from discount stores like KMart. They all ended up in the trash.

Top Bottom