• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Because the .40 is a pointless round.

That's true. I've put hundreds of rounds through my Glock 23 and 27 and they have all been either RNFP or hollow points. I don't even know if pointy .40 bullets exist. I'll assume they don't and will go on shooting my flat faced bullets.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    If a gun is stippled, it probably has been messed with in other ways, I would pass, to many stock guns to choose from.
    I like the .40 round. But that is why they have lots of choices. What one person loves, the next person hates.:twocents:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    That's true. I've put hundreds of rounds through my Glock 23 and 27 and they have all been either RNFP or hollow points. I don't even know if pointy .40 bullets exist. I'll assume they don't and will go on shooting my flat faced bullets.

I was thinking the same thing, the round is truly pointless. That doesn't mean ineffective, if someone thinks it is we can definitely go try it out.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Thanks for the input everyone, I passed on this offer, I instead have accepted (pending pickup) a trade offer of a RIA tactical FS 1911 in .45 acp w/ galco holster and extra mag

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I wouldn't agree with the assertion that "everyone" is trying to get rid of .40 cal glocks.

Not sure how such a "bad" gun could maintain such a huge LEO market share if there was really something wrong with them.

All of the KBs I have read of (and I do a *LOT* of reading) have been with reloads.

I don't think I've ever heard of a single glock KB that couldn't be traced to ammo.

I personally LOVED my G22 gen 4. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe get a G23 instead.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Not being a Glock Guru,I dont know how many of them can do a caliber change-----but my 23 has 40 cal, 357Sig,and 9mm barrels----40 and Sig use the same mag,9mm different mag---fit and function is FINE

tallend

Top Bottom