• ...and so much more!
  • BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I was offered this as a trade and I have no idea what the value would be:

"stippled glock 23 4 mags 700 rounds of ammo 2 holster mag pouch ghost 3.5lb connector bar"

I do not know which gen it is yet, I am waiting on a msg back.
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    B&T

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    For all of that? If its a gen3, 650 max is what I would give for it all. MAYBE 675. Nothing special about the glock itself and 40 ammo is back at pre panic price everywhere. Depending on what the holsters are, they do not add much value. Thats IMHO of course.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    $400ish for the gun with two mags, $50 for the other two mags. $225 ish for the ammo depending on what it is(brass/steel cased, HP/fmj) holsters/mag pouch really depend on what they are.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    What kind of ammo sir. round nose ammo is a lot cheaper than Premium hollow points.

Id say without the ammo your looking at a 425-450 dollar package, then price the ammo accordingly.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    "Stippled" probably means that some dude with fine motor control issues attacked it with an Acme Jr. Woodburning Kit at some point. Like basically all custom work that makes it worth less, not more.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    "Stippled" probably means that some dude with fine motor control issues attacked it with an Acme Jr. Woodburning Kit at some point. Like basically all custom work that makes it worth less, not more.

I agree. What people do to their stuff is there choice. But, some of the stipple jobs I have seen. However, I have seen some that didn't look/feel too bad. But, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

Last edited:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

I agree. What people do to their stuff is there choice. But, some of the stipple jobs I have seen. However, I have seen some that didn't look/feel too bad. But, I wouldn't pay extra for it.

:dunno:.......Dunno.......rec'n d'pends on who does the stipple'n.......:dunno:

Got'a G30 from a member here while back,an' got'a tell ya.......dude done da*n fine job on it......:yesway:........looks as good's any 'pro' job I've seen on any.....

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Sight unseen, STIPPLED, can mean anything and in my opinion, devalues a Glock. Many stippling jobs are good, but some are not and resale value is or can be affected.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    .40 cal.....pfffff....everyone and their momma is trying to get rid of their glock .40 cal's...dunno why...but i dont want one

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    thanks everyone, I would rather not have a .40 but I was curious to the value of the trade offered. I think I am going to pass on it because after I posted this the guy told me he was from Michigan, not gonna mess with it

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    stippling devalues the glock because MOST people dont want a firearm that has been bubba'ed by a fat fingered gunsmith...i would not pay 300 for a stippled glock-ghost connector means nothing...it needs a connector to work so not paying a dime extra for that...450 is all i would pay max

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    whammy 1-stippled, whammy 2- 40 cal, whammy 4 -in michigan..you have to pay transfer and shipping and theyse type of morons always think their crap is gold....
    thanks everyone, I would rather not have a .40 but I was curious to the value of the trade offered. I think I am going to pass on it because after I posted this the guy told me he was from Michigan, not gonna mess with it

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    this is incorrect..Glock is the most popular handgun with civilians and law enforcement ....bar none...its not a overpriced $2000 custom 1911 but they work and are of good quality......what you are saying is like saying camry's are crap becasue there are more used camry's available than any other car....well thats because there are more camry's out there so statisticallly there will be more used variations of the car on the market......
    .40 cal.....pfffff....everyone and their momma is trying to get rid of their glock .40 cal's...dunno why...but i dont want one

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland

I personally like the .40.

^^This. For self defense pistols here are several good calibers. To say that the .40 caliber round sucks or is worthless just goes to show ones ignorance about firearms. I'm not saying it's the best or the worst but it is pointless to argue about the lethality of accepted self defense calibers. Ergonomics and training far exceed the importance of having a 50 cal D.E.

As as for the OP you're probably making a wise decision on forgoing that deal.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    personally, the idea of someone fiddling with a firearm turns me off. same as cars... if i look for say a mustang.. and it has cold air upgrades, and a blower.. nah.

i trust my own work and its my problem if i screw it up. i don't trust anyone elses, period. if i screw something up doing a custom job i know where its bad. there's no telling what someone has tinkered with once its been modded.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Not sure I'd even consider that package...except for what the ammo would be! I'm not a fan of the stipling as it can be screwed up pretty quick unless done by a real pro! Also, be careful with those Glock 3.5 connectors....there's no definite crisp break point when you pull the trigger! It'd have to be real cheap on the price of the gun itself for me to consider...$400 tops, if the slide doesn't have much wear!

Top Bottom