Calling all Crawfordsville metropolitan area type people!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I need information!!!

Cell-phone information, actually.

My wife and I are soon to be re-considering our cellular carrier. We visit the Crawfordsville/Darlington area rather frequently due to the majority of my family being in that area.

We currently have AT&T; which has been the only game in C-ville for a LONG time. Naturally, service IN TOWN is decent. And I understand that they just rolled out 3G recently as well.

But, slightly out of town (Lake Holiday and Darlington, to be precise), AT&T signal SUCKS.

So, questions for those who dare respond:

What cellular carrier do you have?

What type of phone do you use? (any smart-phone users?)

If you're in/near/around/through the Darlington area (say, from SR 47 over towards the Covered Bridge), what's your signal like?

Thanks!

-J-

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I work in Cville (live in Indy), and have AT&T. I never ever have any problems with reception or drop calls...etc.

I use a Blackberry Curve, so odviously I need the net up and running all the time. No problems (unless im deep inside the office in the middle of the plant) I still usually have 1 bar though.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I need information!!!

Cell-phone information, actually.

My wife and I are soon to be re-considering our cellular carrier. We visit the Crawfordsville/Darlington area rather frequently due to the majority of my family being in that area.

We currently have AT&T; which has been the only game in C-ville for a LONG time. Naturally, service IN TOWN is decent. And I understand that they just rolled out 3G recently as well.

But, slightly out of town (Lake Holiday and Darlington, to be precise), AT&T signal SUCKS.

So, questions for those who dare respond:

What cellular carrier do you have?

What type of phone do you use? (any smart-phone users?)

If you're in/near/around/through the Darlington area (say, from SR 47 over towards the Covered Bridge), what's your signal like?

Thanks!

-J-

VERIZON! done end of story, close the thread.

LISTEN TO TYLER!!!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We have T-mobile. Signal in some areas is outstanding... other areas not so much. Hard to make sense of where it does and doesn't work.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    heres a hint, it doesn't matter.;)

Sure it matters...

If the nearest AT&T tower is 5 miles away and the signal is poor...

But the nearest Verizon tower is 20 miles away, how is having Verizon any better?

For many years, AT&T truly had the best physical coverage in Indiana. I traveled the state from stem to stern, port to starbord. Every week. My work phone was Verizon.

During this time, the ONLY physical coverage in west-central Indiana was AT&T. There was a bona-fide Verizon dead spot from about 25-miles north of Terre Haute to about 25-miles south of Lafayette.

My personal phone was AT&T. Work phone = poor signal in MANY many MANY areas. Personal phone = better signal in more areas.

But that was then... And I KNOW that Verizon's physical coverage in Indiana has increased.

That still doesn't mean that a body can get a decent Verizon cell signal in Darlington, Indiana, because I KNOW that the AT&T signal isn't great.

I hope you can forgive my skepticism, but due to what I've lived with and personally experienced for YEARS, just telling me, generally, that an area will have a strong signal just doesn't cut it.

I'd certainly like people to say "I have Verizon, and I talk on the phone all the time when I fish Sugar Creek at the base of the covered bridge. My signal is fantastic." :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Verizon. My family is in Lake Holiday. ATT sucks butt turds there. Verizon all the way.

FYI, I have ATT. But if I lived there, it would be verizon.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Verizon. My family is in Lake Holiday. ATT sucks butt turds there. Verizon all the way.

FYI, I have ATT. But if I lived there, it would be verizon.

My folks moved away from LH almost a year ago. NOTHING worked at their house unless you held your tongue juuuuuuust right.

After my TMobile thread, I know that they're a no-go in C-ville.

Anyone else wish for simpler times? :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom