• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Annie, I purchased those calipers some time ago when i began reloading. I have a pair of expensive calipers that I use at work, and when I compared measurements between the two, i was surprised that there was no difference on everything I measured. So I would give a big :yesway: with no problem for anyone thinking of purchasing them. So there is my :twocents:

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    From my experience, Midway products are high quality. I purchased one of their calipers with the manual dial many years ago and it's still in use today. And their customer service is excellent.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i still use those calipers. they work fine for me. i even bought 2 pairs. one for my reloading room and one for my range bag. i got them for 10 bucks i think and for that price its not worth dragging them back and forth. the 2 batteries they come with are almost 10 bucks by them self

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I have a set of those calipers, and have to say that they work very well. I give them a 4 out of 5, not 5 because I was spoiled and have gotten to use a super nice set before and super nice the Frankfort is not. Kinda like a basic M&P v 1911 race gun. Works great, just not all the fancy features.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    As a machinist I have calipers from Starret and Mitutoyo, but since my employer will no longer pay for or repair damaged tools anymore I use a cheap set of calipers from a local tool wharehouse.... $13.95 for 6" dial calipers.

I figure its his responsibility to show calibration every 3 mos and its his expensive aircraft engine parts so.....

Anyhow, these cheapie calipers worked so well that I bought the digital 6" for my reloading duties, they were $15.95.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I was going to recommend Mitutoyo as well, but they're a bit salty compared to what you're getting with these. Those should work great for reloading.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom