California Shooting: What can gun owners expect?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    What we should be able to expect is to hear CA politicians admit that making firearms and magazines illegal doesn't prevent crime and that gun -free zones provide easy soft targets for the mentally unstable and criminal element. I won't be holding my breath.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    What we should be able to expect is to hear CA politicians admit that making firearms and magazines illegal doesn't prevent crime and that gun -free zones provide easy soft targets for the mentally unstable and criminal element. I won't be holding my breath.

But you do know that their going to bail hay while the sun is shining.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    What I would like to see is the police that prevented the idiot from killing 30 more people by going in and taking him out getting some sort of award, as opposed to the group at Virginia Tech that stood by until the shooting stopped who should have been prosecuted for dereliction of duty.

With all the laws in commiefornia, we will probably see new ones from them making murder more illegal, and using an illegal weapon as a murder device more illegal.

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    What I would like to see is the police that prevented the idiot from killing 30 more people by going in and taking him out getting some sort of award, as opposed to the group at Virginia Tech that stood by until the shooting stopped who should have been prosecuted for dereliction of duty.

Agreed. They did an excellent job of putting an end to the situation. Cheers to these guys for putting it out there on the line!

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    :shady::tinfoil:It's quite convenient that this individual happens to have a history for mental illness..... I mean, with all the crap they have been catching for confiscating the once legally purchased weapons from people who've since been found to not fit to own them based on medical history........ Kinda makes ya wonder. :shady: :tinfoil:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

With all the laws in commiefornia, we will probably see new ones from them making murder more illegal, and using an illegal weapon as a murder device more illegal.
    I agree that here should be laws against murdering people with guns. Then maybe people wouldn't get murdered. :n00b:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013

While I agree with the spirit of your comment, we have to realize that LEO's SOP's on situations like this have only recently changed. Before, first responders were told to secure the perimeter until SWAT arrived and then they would go in and deal with the situation. Now they realize that this just isn't the way to handle these types of situations and the first responders are being trained (in some areas) to go in and (hopefully) disarm the suspect before they can cause any further loss of life.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I read an article that had pictures of the "handgun and extra receiver" they kept mentioning in the news. The handgun looks yo be an old/replica Colt Army/Navy revolver and the reviewer is the upper from an old AR-15 A1. Looks like the kid had a father who liked to collect guns. Or the SMPD put that in there to push an agenda.

Pictured: Santa Monica college gunman John Zawahri, 23, who went on shooting rampage killing four because he was angry at parents divorce | Mail Online

They have tons of pics of the extra stuff he was carrying. I'm curious to see the actual weapon.

Top Bottom