Cabela's in Hammond is loaded with ammo!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    11/21/09 Stopped today for a look around and ammo was quite plentiful. 9mm 40s&w 45acp 357mag 38sp 223 value pack even some 380 speer jhp 19.99 per 25rds I think the ammo crisis is done.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Cabelas in Hammond makes me mad! I have to pay sales tax on internet orders and they're too far for me to go there! I hope the close that store! :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Cabelas in Hammond makes me mad! I have to pay sales tax on internet orders and they're too far for me to go there! I hope the close that store! :D

Don't blame Cabela's forthe "sales tax" that is the fault of the STATE! The rule is if a biz has a physical presence (g. store) in the state then any sales to residents of that state (online, via catalog, in the store) must have sales tax which they in turn must hand over to the state.

Thus why on eBay you will sometimes see "We do not sell to Indiana" from sellers who live in Indiana. By doing this they don't have to collect sales tax & hand it over to the state since they do not do any biz within IN.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    They were going to put in a Cabelas in Greenwood IN. The deal fell apart due to the economy. I bought 4 hanguns and a lot of acessories from Cabelas in Glendale Arizona. Its a great store. You buy the bulk ammo (500 rounds) they throw in a free ammo can. It makes a nice day trip to go and look around.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    You are so right on. Being a trucker, I'm in a Cabela's somewhere in the usa every week. I bought a ruger 77/50cal from hammond, it took them an hour to figure out it was a muzzleloader. Then they made me do a nics check. Also in the gun libary was a used Marlin stanless 308mx priced 154.00 more than a new one off the shelf. I always price check with the scanner,and hold them to the lower price.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Cabelas prices are kinda high but there are deals to be had. Discover card rewards lets you get gift cards at 20% under face value ($50 card cost $40 in cashback rewards) If you get a cabelas card you can earn cash at a cabelas store. (plus you get $25 to sign up). They do have some good sales you just have to watch out for them (they had free shipping and $30 off $150 order at the same time) Bing cash back gives you 4-7% cash back on purchases. I pretty much use cabelas to get Black hills and other hard to find more expensive ammo since they aren't many outlets for that stuff.

Last edited:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Although I have never been there, prices seem to expensive to make it worth while.

The same as many bigbox stores, you need to be an educated shopper. Know what you want and what its worth. If you go in, browse and fill a cart, chances are youve overpaid. But if you check out the sale flyer, go in for that item (and verified that the sale is a bargain - had an LCR with laser grip on "sale" $679). Its a worthwhile place to visit but I only buy there when I find a bargain. Typically can get better prices at the local gun shop.

The credit card is nice though. I've had it for two years and in that time I run everything through the card that i buy. It's paid for two new guns and I'm working on the third probably shortly after the new year.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I was in the Hammond store last night Sunday and.380 ammo was already running low they do have good deals on clothes sometimes though I've gotten two pairs of boots, one for winter and one for summer. Both pair are comfortable and holding up well

Top Bottom