• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Anyone get an employee pricing coupon from Cabelas? I am wondering what kind of discount they would give on Firearms. Has anyone used one of these coupons before?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    There are so many exclusions that it isn't worth even trying to use. Unlike some other places, if it's on sale they won't "double promote."
    Over the veterans' day weekend I had one of these coupons, and a coupon for x dollars off" when we went to the register the lady asked if I was a veteran, I said yes, she said I got a discount I said great, here's my coupon, she said fine. When I examined the receipt the combined employee and veteran's discounts were less than the x-dollar off coupon. Gave the receipt and coupon to the wife and sicced her on the customer service desk. They gave her ten bucks back, but it still didn't even out.:xmad:
    I decided to very carefully plan all future purchases.
    When I worked at Sears I got the employee discount from the lowest marked price.:)

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    On used guns they split their purchase price and their asking price, you pay the difference. The hard part is you have to ask them for every gun you want a price on. I found a Ruger 10/22 that way once though. Their asking price was over $100 above their purchase price, so I paid the difference and got a fair price. I've quit paying Cabelas prices though, unless it is on sale or I have a free gift card compliments of my credit card.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    or you could just shop at some of the smaller mom and pop stores and get the gun at there every day price whitch is just about the same as cabellas and bass pro shops sale prices.

For example I had a customer come in and ask the best price I could do on a G17 and he added Cabellas has a sale on it right now can you match there price? I looked it up on the net to see there sale price and said gladly I can match that price with no problem. I proceeded to cross out the tag and mark it up $25. He exclaimed thats more then you had it marked! I replied yes I know but you asked if I could match Cabellas there for I didnt want to diss apoint you so I did what I could to match there sale.. I can change it back if youd like? Needles to say I did change it back..

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    or you could just shop at some of the smaller mom and pop stores and get the gun at there every day price whitch is just about the same as cabellas and bass pro shops sale prices.

For example I had a customer come in and ask the best price I could do on a G17 and he added Cabellas has a sale on it right now can you match there price? I looked it up on the net to see there sale price and said gladly I can match that price with no problem. I proceeded to cross out the tag and mark it up $25. He exclaimed thats more then you had it marked! I replied yes I know but you asked if I could match Cabellas there for I didnt want to diss apoint you so I did what I could to match there sale.. I can change it back if youd like? Needles to say I did change it back..

But the OP asked a SPECIFIC QUESTION about the cabela's employee discount. Today I got the same mailer the OP got. It's a postcard size flyer with a code (bar code) on it saying the offer expires on 01/05/2011.

The card saids "Enjoy life like a Cabela's Outfitter and receive employee pricing on all in-stock products in our stores."

Problem is that no where on the card not even the small print does it say what the "employee pricing" is? For example employees of The Sports Authority get 10% the final price on any item (use to work there). My cousin who use to work at Best Buy would get anywhere from 10% to 20% off an item depending on what dept. it was from.

Suspect that the OP was looking to know what the % off cabela's is giving with this card.:dunno:

--UPDATE--
    For the record I have never bought a gun from Cabela's and probably never will.
    I think I'll support the local gun stores first. Although I did get the 10/22s from wally world . =(

Cloverdaleman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Cloverdale,Indiana

Fast thinking. I like that. I would rather go to a gun shop first. Most seem to want to work with you so you will come back and be a steady customer.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I'd call the Hammond Store before I'd waste the trip and flat out ask. Get a manager's name, and use it when you get there. Document the person who answered your call to the store, to the department and finally to the manager who quoted you the exact amount or percent off for employee pricing for firearms if there is any.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'd call the Hammond Store before I'd waste the trip and flat out ask. Get a manager's name, and use it when you get there. Document the person who answered your call to the store, to the department and finally to the manager who quoted you the exact amount or percent off for employee pricing for firearms if there is any.

Good thinking. For me the drive is no big deal as I pass the store every day to/from work. Not that I have any plans on using the code right now. :D

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Got mine yesterday, threw it away. I did notice the disclaimer that basically said they can limit what the discount is and limit the items that are discounted.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I used the coupon yesterday to buy a Butler Creek Lula Universal Pistol Magazine Loader. The price was discounted 20% from $35 to $28 dollars so the coupon works on accessories.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Got mine yesterday, threw it away. I did notice the disclaimer that basically said they can limit what the discount is and limit the items that are discounted.

Bill B u sound so bitter. ;) It's Christmas day did the fat man not bring you want you wanted? :laugh:

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I got one of the flyers also and called to check price on a EA Witness match .45. It came out to be around $25 off. Not bad but then again not what I thought employee pricing would be? I was hoping for a BIG discount. Oh well - maybe I'll pass

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Suspect that the OP was looking to know what the % off cabela's is giving with this card.:dunno:

Cabelas doesn't have have a flat percentage discount for employees.

I bought a spotting scope 2 years ago at employee pricing that was nearly 50% off on that same receipt I bought something else (I don't recall) that was hardly 10% off.

A buddy went to buy something and he said the discount was barely 5% for one of his items and 40% for another.

I have no idea how they calculate it.

FWIW from what I can tell, if it is a cabelas brand, chances are the discount is 25%+

I prefer the x amount off X dollars spent personally.

I'm thinking of using my employee discount coupon on some cast iron skillets. Gotta see what the employee price is, should be good since the ones I want are cabelas brand.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'll make sure to call the hammod PD with a GWG call. About what time will you be going so I can place my call. ;)

No GWG calls today. :D I was in Cabelas for about 3 1/2 hrs, though. No need to take your kids to a museum, candy store, aquarium, or jungle gym - Cabelas has it all! My nephew thought Cabelas was the coolest place ever (he's 2 1/2 - my 15 year old sister was slightly less excited). He's been napping for over two hours after the trip! He climbed through every tent in the store, squealed at each and every one of the fish, showed total strangers which of the deer were his favorite, and shot lots of things in the shooting gallery!

And I came home with a fantastic deal - $185 Columbia parka for $85!!! I only saved $2 with the employee pricing coupon, though. :n00b:

Top Bottom