• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I have a Holosun 407 on my Shield Plus OR. I used the C&H adapter plate and recommended screws. For the second time I’ve had a screw snap on this model. Is anyone else running into this? The first one I was able to back out from the bottom of the slide using a drill bit going very slow. This one I must of used more lock tight and can’t get it to budge. Looks like it’s going for a visit to a gun smith

Sdiersing

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have a Holosun 407 on my Shield Plus OR. I used the C&H adapter plate and recommended screws. For the second time I’ve had a screw snap on this model. Is anyone else running into this? The first one I was able to back out from the bottom of the slide using a drill bit going very slow. This one I must of used more lock tight and can’t get it to budge. Looks like it’s going for a visit to a gun smith
    C&H is definitely hit or miss quality control wise in my experience. Are you torquing the screws to the recommended spec or just hand tightening them?

Sdiersing

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have just been tightening them with the tool supplied by Holosun. Tightening as much as I can with breaking it
    Spec should be 10 Inch pounds if I remember correctly, which is not a ton. I would assume the screws were overtightened which caused them to snap.

When you go to a gunsmith to get the screw extracted it might be worth getting the lugs on the optic cut shaved down so you can mount the Holosun without a plate!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Spec should be 10 Inch pounds if I remember correctly, which is not a ton. I would assume the screws were overtightened which caused them to snap.

When you go to a gunsmith to get the screw extracted it might be worth getting the lugs on the optic cut shaved down so you can mount the Holosun without a plate!
    Agreed, definitely check the specs. I use a Wheeler FAT wrench. You can find deals on them from time to time. The FAT didn't seem to come with a T-10 bit so you may need to pick that bit up separately. It is very easy to over torque them.

Sc1873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    Brown County
    You might try, if you have small tip soldering iron put on broken screw for a bit that will release and break down the loctite, also highly recommend get there install kit comes with fix-it stick tool 0-20 torque limiter and bits, loctite, and paint pens to seal and mark the screws.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scubaref
    Top Bottom