• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I have a Holosun 407 on my Shield Plus OR. I used the C&H adapter plate and recommended screws. For the second time I’ve had a screw snap on this model. Is anyone else running into this? The first one I was able to back out from the bottom of the slide using a drill bit going very slow. This one I must of used more lock tight and can’t get it to budge. Looks like it’s going for a visit to a gun smith

Sdiersing

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have a Holosun 407 on my Shield Plus OR. I used the C&H adapter plate and recommended screws. For the second time I’ve had a screw snap on this model. Is anyone else running into this? The first one I was able to back out from the bottom of the slide using a drill bit going very slow. This one I must of used more lock tight and can’t get it to budge. Looks like it’s going for a visit to a gun smith
    C&H is definitely hit or miss quality control wise in my experience. Are you torquing the screws to the recommended spec or just hand tightening them?

Sdiersing

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have just been tightening them with the tool supplied by Holosun. Tightening as much as I can with breaking it
    Spec should be 10 Inch pounds if I remember correctly, which is not a ton. I would assume the screws were overtightened which caused them to snap.

When you go to a gunsmith to get the screw extracted it might be worth getting the lugs on the optic cut shaved down so you can mount the Holosun without a plate!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Spec should be 10 Inch pounds if I remember correctly, which is not a ton. I would assume the screws were overtightened which caused them to snap.

When you go to a gunsmith to get the screw extracted it might be worth getting the lugs on the optic cut shaved down so you can mount the Holosun without a plate!
    Agreed, definitely check the specs. I use a Wheeler FAT wrench. You can find deals on them from time to time. The FAT didn't seem to come with a T-10 bit so you may need to pick that bit up separately. It is very easy to over torque them.

Sc1873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    Brown County
    You might try, if you have small tip soldering iron put on broken screw for a bit that will release and break down the loctite, also highly recommend get there install kit comes with fix-it stick tool 0-20 torque limiter and bits, loctite, and paint pens to seal and mark the screws.

Top Bottom