Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Let's see, I've answered with:

"Joe's morgue, you stab 'em we slab 'em"

"Leo's lunch-a-rama, speak to me"

"Hello? Hello? Hello?... Hello? Hello? Hello?"

"This is a restricted line, your call may be monitored for national security"

"Buy a shotgun... buy a shotgun"

"Dad? Dad? D-A-D??"

"You have dialed the correct number. Now please hang up and don't do it again", then 'click' off...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Gottagobye.

"Sorry, the officer is coming back, gotta go"

When in person do you ever do an intentional weak, limp-wristed handshake or do the "finger grab" wimpy maneuver instead of an actual handshake? I do that to some of my friends and they get all embarassed. Heh.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Gottagobye.

"Sorry, the officer is coming back, gotta go"

When in person do you ever do an intentional weak, limp-wristed handshake or do the "finger grab" wimpy maneuver instead of an actual handshake? I do that to some of my friends and they get all embarassed. Heh.

When they go to extend their hand for a handshake, instead of reciprocating, you look surprised, glance around, and say "Really? Here? Well...OK, I guess." and then start unzipping your fly. Also, hope they don't call (what I am going to assume is) your bluff.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "Bye bye" makes me think of a little kid of about 2-3 years old being taught to "baby talk" by an adult who thinks it's "cute". :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Better than what happened to me .... at the end of a phone conversation with a buddy he says "i love you" and im so used to saying it back when i hear it that i said it back to him. He :rofl: I :facepalm:

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    When they go to extend their hand for a handshake, instead of reciprocating, you look surprised, glance around, and say "Really? Here? Well...OK, I guess." and then start unzipping your fly. Also, hope they don't call (what I am going to assume is) your bluff.

Now that's some funny s*** right there!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    My favorite....."You have reached the number you dialed. If you think this is the correct number, please leave a message. If not, hang up and dial again. Thank you."

At work, I get random outside calls and the caller is insistent that they have the right number. Hang up, and they call right back. With the caller ID on the phones, when I see that it is the same number calling right back, I drop back to the military training, "United States Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Indianapolis Air Route Traffic Control Center. This is a non-secure line, subject to monitoring. How may I direct your call, sir or ma'am?". Usually get hung up on real fast.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For a while I was working two different jobs. There were some days I was so tired I would answer the phone at workplace A and use workplace B's name. I confused a lot of people that way I'm sure. And I do say bye bye. I'm aware of it. Oddly enough I don't do it when I'm on the phone with friends or family members. I'm doing it when I call my cable company due to my internet being down or Sprint because they keep jacking around with my monthly bill. Maybe subconsciously I feel like I have to be extra sickeningly sweet to those people so they take care of my issues. :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    What's REALLY funny is to end a call with a good buddy by saying "I love you".

We routinely do that between us guys making calls to each other on the company cell phones to see if they are paying attention.:D

I'm usually on top of it and reply with "No you don't, you divorced me last week". :laugh:

Nothing like co-worker sick sense of humor!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We routinely do that between us guys making calls to each other on the company cell phones to see if they are paying attention.:D

I'm usually on top of it and reply with "No you don't, you divorced me last week". :laugh:

Nothing like co-worker sick sense of humor!

Maybe they really do love you and they're hiding their disappointment at your rejection. You're a cruel man, Jack Sparrow.

Top Bottom