• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I can say from personal experience of managing a retail store that sometimes they ask for your number so that they can pull up your loyalty/rewards/VIP membership, especially if you don't have your card on you. It sure beats looking up a rewards membership for a common name like Bob Jones or John Smith. Some stores use email, I always decline to provide my email as sometimes they go ahead and add you, even with just an email address to their loyalty membership even without your express consent.

There are quota expectations on how many people to sign up (sounds sorta like Wells Fargo). I never did that, I just added my dogs. The only requirement on our system was a different name for each loyalty member, they could share the same address and phone number.

I know Lowe's can (or did) pull up receipt by phone number if you lost your receipt as Cameramonkey mentioned above.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Lowes has a similar "service", they track all your purchases via phone number. I really like it because if you forget what model of item you have purchased and want a part for the item, they can pull up the old purchase list. Or if you want to purchase an identical item you had purchased before. Saved me a trip or two in the last few years. I haven't seen any downside, hasn't invaded my privacy or had any calls from them. It wouldn't bother me to give it to any supplier when I purchase an item.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lowes has a similar "service", they track all your purchases via phone number. I really like it because if you forget what model of item you have purchased and want a part for the item, they can pull up the old purchase list. Or if you want to purchase an identical item you had purchased before. Saved me a trip or two in the last few years. I haven't seen any downside, hasn't invaded my privacy or had any calls from them. It wouldn't bother me to give it to any supplier when I purchase an item.

Oh, I found a problem with it. And I quit using it.

Granted its been a few years so hopefully they fixed it, but when you would buy something, they would email you and ask you to rate and review the product on their website. Kinda like Amazon does. But then they started emailing me asking to review the most mundane and silly things like hardware/fastners.

"Hi Cameramonkey! Please rate your purchase of: 1/4 20 x 2" bolts. How did you like them?"

Seriously? They wanted me to rate the screws and bolts I bought? What do you say about a bolt? It fit the nut properly? After several rounds of that, and sending comments to their web team I just quit using the service. Sure, its great for things like paint colors and the like, but some of it just wasnt worth the hassles.

But I do like their credit card. I dont bother hanging onto receipts. No receipt needed to return items purchased on the card.

Somebody didnt read the entire thread... :):

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    .......ok

the link is for $9 pmags.....

i just bought them

pmag_zpselnetqvd.jpg

:dunno:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My local gun shop scanned my DL into his computer. I was a little pissed and asked what it was for. Told me it was just for their use.

What could I do?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Most want zips or phone numbers so they can do market research about where they should build their next store, send advo, and other ways to spend their dollars to get more of yours. If your tinfoil hat is too tight, just say you prefer not to share and they'll usually just dump it full of 9s.

Top Bottom