Buying exactly what I want: tip I wish I woulda' thought of...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got ALL excited about buying a new carry gun today. Wasn't gonna put it off even one more day!

To be brief, I shoulda done research online, printed off pics & info to take with me: some gunshop owners won't believe some features or accessories are available, unless you show them the pictures.

And secondly:

I've heard that 'unloaded' guns kill more people than loaded ones.

While showing me a piece the other day, I ended up on the business end of things for a couple seconds.

Here's a good word: Don't let your guard down-- even in the presence of 'professionals'.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Not sure where you went, but I'd recommend you check out Plainfield Shooting Supplies. 3735 Shady Ln, #C, Plainfield, IN 46168, 317.839.6095 Good prices, good people & if he doesn't have it, he'll get it for you fast.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I agree... redneckmedic was down in texas about the time that the ruger LCR was coming out... i asked him to look for them and the guy at the gunshop called him crazy for asking about a polymer snubby.... then the same guy was shocked that matt was able to tell the differant generations of glock apart.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've had more guns pointed at me by gun store flunkies than I ever did as RO. At least there one can be more reasonably certain they have no live load in the chamber, though I still squawk when they do if the slide isn't locked back or the cylinder open.

Heck, I hold the hot cutting gun I use in my business with the tip pointed in a safe direction and finger off the trigger when not cutting.

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hate askin', but... how much of a pain in the rear is it for a merchant to cancel an order? I could place the order somewhere else & get exactly what I want... guy shoulda' cared enough to look it up, shouldn't he?

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    I've had more guns pointed at me by gun store flunkies than I ever did as RO. At least there one can be more reasonably certain they have no live load in the chamber, though I still squawk when they do if the slide isn't locked back or the cylinder open.

Heck, I hold the hot cutting gun I use in my business with the tip pointed in a safe direction and finger off the trigger when not cutting.
    im the same way with my drill and impact and work

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Hate askin', but... how much of a pain in the rear is it for a merchant to cancel an order? I could place the order somewhere else & get exactly what I want... guy shoulda' cared enough to look it up, shouldn't he?

Tell me you didn't buy this thing at Don's. If you did, CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL. Then, go to PSS or Bradis and use the extra $200 Don extorted out of you on ammo.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    maybe it's just me, but for some reason I get the feeling you're just trying to get to that 50 post count.

pardon my suspicion if I'm wrong...

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    it makes a difference to him cause a lot of people post a whole bunch of bs to get there and then when it comes time for them to sell something the deal doesn't go as planned cause some random person posted a bunch of bs to get to the 50 count and hustle someone out of their hard earned money. i don't know if this is what your doing but thats what he is suggesting based off your posts. and to be fair you were excited in a earlier post because you saw don at his own store. either way welcome to ingunowners hopefully you will be a contributing member

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    it makes a difference to him cause a lot of people post a whole bunch of bs to get there and then when it comes time for them to sell something the deal doesn't go as planned cause some random person posted a bunch of bs to get to the 50 count and hustle someone out of their hard earned money.

You assume alot.

Consider what you have when you break that down.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    You assume alot.

Consider what you have when you break that down.
    You seem to be pretty hostile against those who suspect 50-posters, and yet, you have less than 50 posts yourself...

hmm...

[edit]

nevermind, I see that you changed your avatar.

I thought you were a different person defending the original poster...

But my suspicion still stands...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Official decision: I don't see anything in this member's posting history that would indicate an attempt to circumvent any standing rules.

If anyone feels that a member might be breaking any rules, I strongly encourage them to use the Report Post function (
    report.gif
    ) and let the Mod Team take a look at it. This procedure tends to lessen any in-thread arguing.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic. . . .

Top Bottom