• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Hmm.. Just seems odd. So does the .40 barrel not put any spin on a .357 round? The only thing a .40 and .357 sig have in common is the casing start size. The bullet is the same as a 9mm, right?

Huh? What in the world are you thinking here? are you thinking he'd shoot 357 SIG out of the 40 barrel?

Broken down Barney-style - if he wants to shoot 40, he just needs a plain ol' G22 barrel. If he wants to shoot 9mm, he need a conversion barrel cut to the G31/22 dimensions.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Say what?! I think you have this backwards, no? Wouldn't the .40 be too big and could lead to keyholeing?

.357 sig barrels have a chamber similar to .40. (the cases are same diameter, which is why the mags work for both) the difference is the chamber necks down to 9mm for the rifled portion of the barrel. Stock .40 barrels are identical except for the necked down part. The outside diameter is the same for both barrels.

Stock 9mm barrels have a smaller outside diameter, hence the need for a "conversion barrel". Conversion barrels have the outside diameter of a .40/.357 sig barrel with a 9mm chamber and rifling so they fit properly in a .40/.357 slide.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Nevermind. I was reading it as if he was suggesting shooting .357 Sig out of the .40 barrel. I appologize. I'm tired.

jumbopanda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    I'd buy that right this moment if I could. :yesway:

What's kind of annoying though, is if you want to shoot IDPA SSP, you can't use a conversion barrel. So even though a Glock 31 with a .40 barrel is identical to a Glock 22, the fact that the slide is marked .357 makes it illegal.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I wanted to let everyone know I bought my first Glock today. My cousin was wrong when he told me there were 400 rounds of ammo though, because there was just under 500 rounds. I feel like I got the deal of the century right now.

It has been 8 months since I bought a gun and it always feels great, almost feels like the day my daughter was born.

Thanks everyone for your input.

On a side note, the guy I bought this from was a LEO. He said he tried to sell the gun on some website, and he had alot of offers, but once he told the people he would need to see their LTCH the offers dried up. I told him about INGO, and that this is a legit and awesome site. So he said he would check it out, and hopefully become a new member.

Eskion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Same here. Awesome deal. I bought my glock 19 9mm about 5 years ago for $550 with 3 mags included. I would say do it

As long as it isn't beat to crap, yeah, good deal.

Chances are, because 357 SIG is fairly spendy for non-reloaders, it hasn't been shot as much as other models of similar age might have been.

If it's a 4th Gen and you don't take it, PM me the details!

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    I personally wouldn't buy any handgun in .357SIG... But, if thats the caliber you feel comfortable with I say go for it. Thats a hell of a deal for all that ammo as well!

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Ya I bought it, but it came with 510 rounds. 1 box of ammo had 40 rounds missing, he said thats all that has been fired through it. I am super happy with this deal. I got to shoot it yesterday, and I love it. I never thought I would be a fan of Glocks, but this has changed my whole outlook on them.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Its not too bad at all, my wife was able to handle the recoil, but my 1911 almost jumped out of her hand.

This was the first Glock I ever shot, so that first trigger pull threw my shot off. But I was really impressed. I can't wait to shoot it again.

Top Bottom