• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Tag this thread if you think buyers are to blame for the high prices not the sellers. I'm so frustrated with the "gouging" threads.

First of all, what do you people not understand about a free market?

Second of all, anyone who buys at an elevated price propagates that price OR higher. I should be complaining about yuo not you complaining about the shop.

Third, which is why I am complaining about you: the buyer who paid too much and kept the prices outrageously high! :ar15:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Here, here. If everyone stopped paying the prices they would drop, simple lesson in capitalism.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think it's a little of both, some knob sees someone else get an elevated price for their AR, and then they think...."Hmmmm I can sell my/trade my AR for X amount."
    And so it started, I've never seen so many POS, ugly AR's on the market in all my life, as I have seen in the past month.

Every post ban, 20 inch, "custom" duracoated etc., POS that these guys knew there was no way in H*LL they could have even sold in Nov. have come out of the closet. Oh I almost forgot the ad I saw on armslist of a guy that would trade his DPMS Oracle for a 4 or 6 inch Python. I bet he would love to make that trade.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Let me get this straight.
    Our fault that the prices are too high, cause we pay the prices. So we should just not pay the high prices and keep our mouths shut.
    You're frustrated with the "gouging" threads.
    So.
    Why do you keep reading them.??!!
    AND
    Ranting about them.

Any other member has as much a right to rant as you. If you don't agree,
    stop reading.

I disagree with trying to silence others by trying to get other members to "gang up" on those you disagree with.

Be a man and take differing opinions, or stay out of thread that you can't mentally or emotionally handle.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Let me get this straight.
    Our fault that the prices are too high, cause we pay the prices. So we should just not pay the high prices and keep our mouths shut.
    You're frustrated with the "gouging" threads.
    So.
    Why do you keep reading them.??!!
    AND
    Ranting about them.

Any other member has as much a right to rant as you. If you don't agree,
    stop reading.

I disagree with trying to silence others by trying to get other members to "gang up" on those you disagree with.

Be a man and take differing opinions, or stay out of thread that you can't mentally or emotionally handle.
    What do you think of the multitude here who are ganging up on those asking prices they don't agree with? There's plenty of bullying going on here.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    If you don't like the high prices, don't buy. And don't expect someone to sell something to you for less than they can get from someone else. Why would I sell an AR15 to someone today for $600, when I can get $1k? I'm not that nice.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If you don't like the high prices, don't buy. And don't expect someone to sell something to you for less than they can get from someone else. Why would I sell an AR15 to someone today for $600, when I can get $1k? I'm not that nice.

No one else is either. I have everything I want or need. I'm currently not buying anything. I'm playing the long game, when prices get back to normal, then I will again be buying ammo, mags, and maybe even a gun or two.

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    A free market would also imply lack of any intervention from government entities. The Biden/Brady Bunch/ Feinstein folks etc are primarily responsible for stirring up the easily stirred.

Corporatism is alive and well and another piece of this puzzle we're currently in. It works against us in ways we don't think about very often day to day, transaction to transaction.

The simple existence of 4473s artificially inflates prices before the original owner even owns a gun. LGSs have to account for time spend on the phone, not selling another gun. That's one of about 20,000 regulations we're up against.

The gun price onion has many stinky layers, but in the end a private citizen and/or business has the obligation to sell at the highest price supported by the market.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Internet sales and prices only reflect demand. Most of the LGS are probably getting hurt in this market with supply going through auction. Have to wonder how they will survive if they aren't selling online.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    27753575.jpg

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Two words. Free freakin' market.... oops, that was three words.

(possible upcoming erroneous legislation aside) If the relatively high demand for firearms and the like remains constant long enough for the manufacturers to acquire the revenue required to expand and boost production to meet said demand this will all be just a gun store conversation for the next generation (I like happy endings. Pun intended? :dunno:).

Fortune cookie say...
    be_patient_lifequoteswallpaper.jpg

swebb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I don't understand the gouging argument. Example: If I'm a dealer, and have a line of customers eager to buy PMAGS for $30 each, why would I be selling them for $15?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Guess I find it a little humorous, no one would complain - IF they could just buy what they want right now at the price they want to pay - Right? In other words the OP and all the others complaining about the High prices are the ones that really, really want to buy an AR or AK or stock up on ammo RIGHT NOW. Some others find the items they want "right now" are worth the price they have to pay - or the prices would come down. I am not buying as I bought just about all the "panic" items I need some time ago. Not selling (even for a big profit). Still looking for bargains - and always will. The only people I slightly dislike are those that are buying huge amounts of limited supply items at fairly low prices to "dry up the market" and charging 2 or 3 times the price they paid. I do not fault any business or individual for making a great profit right now. Many GS's may need that money to stay in business until they can receive more stock to sell.

Top Bottom