• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    TO: RVB

Actually no the yellow ticket is not for the seller if the buyer is buying a book. I talked to the director Dave and got this all confirmed thru him! The seller only gets the sellers ticket if they do not sell the entire book to someone. If someone comes to you and wants to buy a book the they are to get the yellow sellers ticket with it as an incentive!!!! Don't you think it would be stupid for someone to go and buy a book with out an incentive to get the 4th ticket??? I know that for a fact I am not going to waste my money buying you the seller a ticket!! It only takes brains to figure that one out and it the website would of been done properly the there wouldn't have been any issues but since it was done that way it can be considered fraud if the seller is keeping the fourth ticket if someone buys a book!!! Look in the law books I have!!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    This is a fund raiser for charity, right? Seems like a lot of friction here. :starwars:

When I go to Friends of NRA I spend at least $60 on various drawings, and never seem to win. :( If I wanted something guaranteed, I would just buy the gun/grip/whatever out of pocket. :spend:

It does seem, to be sure, that the rules/procedures should have been much clearer. :rules:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    TO: RVB

Actually no the yellow ticket is not for the seller if the buyer is buying a book. I talked to the director Dave and got this all confirmed thru him! The seller only gets the sellers ticket if they do not sell the entire book to someone. If someone comes to you and wants to buy a book the they are to get the yellow sellers ticket with it as an incentive!!!! Don't you think it would be stupid for someone to go and buy a book with out an incentive to get the 4th ticket??? I know that for a fact I am not going to waste my money buying you the seller a ticket!! It only takes brains to figure that one out and it the website would of been done properly the there wouldn't have been any issues but since it was done that way it can be considered fraud if the seller is keeping the fourth ticket if someone buys a book!!! Look in the law books I have!!

:dunno:

I posted my response shortly after getting off the phone with my contact who had just gotten off the phone with Dave. Apparently the wording implying an incentive for buying a book has been removed from the website, but I can't get the site to load to confirm.

I've sent along a link to this discussion and your response above so we can get a definitive answer on this. There is obviously some miscommunication somewhere. But I cannot blame the seller whom you are accusing of fraud since I received the same instructions; and the instructions printed on the tickets don't mention any 4-for-3 deal. (It doesn't really matter to me since the only person I've sold a whole book to so far is myself.)

And to answer your question, no I don't think it's stupid to buy a book w.o some special incentive. i only ever buy into raffles if the hosting organization is something i would donate to anyway. I do agree either the website or the the instructions to the sellers were in error and caused confusion, but I'd hope you could just "let it go." I'm just trying to facilitate getting the RIGHT answer out there.

The purpose of the sellers ticket was to be an incentive to folks who are otherwise not associated w. the Shriners (business owners, club officers, etc) to sell tickets so the organization could ensure they moved enough tickets to cover their costs.

I won't get into a back-and-forth debate on this as I'm not in any position to solve anything; I just want folks reading along to correctly know what to expect if buying tickets. I will post any updates I hear from the event organizers.

-rvb

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Does everybody understand the term FUBAR? This looks to be a great example. LOL!!

Why have "sellers tickets" and "sellers prizes" if they can go to the seller OR the buyer?? And then just assume everybody will understand.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    :dunno:

The purpose of the sellers ticket was to be an incentive to folks who are otherwise not associated w. the Shriners (business owners, club officers, etc) to sell tickets so the organization could ensure they moved enough tickets to cover their costs.

-rvb

+1

Top Bottom