• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    My wife posted this on facebook a few minutes ago after we returned from Mile Corner Guns in Garret, Indiana. We had an issue with Bob trying to keep a "bonus" ticket that is suppose to be included when purchasing a book of 3 raffle tickets (we confirmed with Director of raffle (Dave) and by calling all of the other sellers listed on their website). I love my wife but she can be fairly abrasive at times and I fear my 4 ticket stubs with my name on them ended up in the garbage rather than in the raffle, but I want to warn others about this.

69j1v5.jpg

"I just want everyone that loves guns and is in this raffle for the Shriners Sportsman contest that on their website it says a book is $60 which contains 3 TICKETS PLUS A SELLERS TICKET!!! BOB IN GARRETT AT THE MILE CORNER GUNS IS KEEPING THE SELLERS IF YOU BUY THE BOOK!! WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! IF YOU BOUGHT THE BOOK FROM HIM AND HE KEPT THE SELLERS TICKET GO BACK IN THERE AND GET YOUR FORTH TICKET HE IS RIPPING YOU OFF!!! HE TRIED TO DO IT TO ME TODAY AND DIDN'T GET AWAY WITH IT AND CALL DAVE THE DIRECTOR TO LET HIM KNOW THAT BOB DID IT TO YOU!! IF THEY KEEP ON ALLOWING IT, IT IS CONSIDERED FALSE ADVERTISEMENT AFTER THE 4TH SALE!! LINK IS BELOW!!

http://shrine-sportsman.com/index.php/tickets"

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    What would a "sellers ticket" be for then if it is not for the seller?

How else can the seller win one of the sellers prizes?

Last edited:

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I may be misunderstanding but when you look on there website under prizes, they list separate prizes for buyers and sellers.
    To me it looks like the sellers ticket is an incentive for the seller to sell 3 packs of tickets and they get to keep that ticket for a drawing for the seller prizes.

i deffinatly could be wrong just a thought.:rockwoot:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Maybe I'm misreading all this too, but I'm thinking you may owe the man an apology. Looks like sellers ticket is for the seller. That's why there is a separate prize list. If it's not like that, I bet he misunderstood too. Not presented very well.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Not presented well, but I have to ask - if the tickets are $20 each, and a book of three "plus a seller's ticket" is $60, and the purchaser doesn't get the extra ticket; then what incentive is there to buy the packet of three?

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    It looks to me like the fourth ticket belonged to Bob. But since nobody, including me, ever heard of a "sellers ticket", better directions should have been provided.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    We took it as an incentive ploy to get people to buy the book of 3 and get the ticket for a separate drawing as a bonus, as apposed to buying only 1 or 2.

I would admit to misunderstanding the poorly worded "THIS IS ONLY FOR SELLERS" incentive, if all of the other stores/shops/members of the shriner's that are putting this thing together had confirmed that I had indeed mis-understood the advertisment. BUT all of them confirmed that if you buy a book of 3 tickets you get the bonus ticket for the sellers drawing, but if the tickets are sold 1 or 2 at a time the seller gets the bonus ticket. This is the way the director explained this to my wife, and this is why she went apes**t on Bob.

If one or two of the others told me I was mistaken, this post would not have happened. I did my homwork before posting.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    We took it as an incentive ploy to get people to buy the book of 3 and get the ticket for a separate drawing as a bonus, as apposed to buying only 1 or 2.

I would admit to misunderstanding the poorly worded "THIS IS ONLY FOR SELLERS" incentive, if all of the other stores/shops/members of the shriner's that are putting this thing together had confirmed that I had indeed mis-understood the advertisment. BUT all of them confirmed that if you buy a book of 3 tickets you get the bonus ticket for the sellers drawing, but if the tickets are sold 1 or 2 at a time the seller gets the bonus ticket. This is the way the director explained this to my wife, and this is why she went apes**t on Bob.

If one or two of the others told me I was mistaken, this post would not have happened. I did my homwork before posting.

This makes sense like you all said they should deff have made it more clear for everyone.:rockwoot:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I am not associated w/ the shriners, but I am helping sell tickets as I am friends w/ some shriners. The 4th yellow ticket is supposed to be for the seller, and I believe the website is poorly worded and misleading. I have notified my contacts at the shrine and pointed them to the error. Hopefully you can understand it was just a miscommunication and not hold it against the organization which is trying to do good with the money raised. That an organization would hold such an event in this anti-gun political climate is pretty cool, imo!

-rvb

eta: I'm told website has been updated (I'm not having luck connecting; they are looking for a new provider). make sure you refresh if you don't see the change since it could be loading from cache.

-rvb

eta2:
    This is the way the director explained this to my wife...

It's 3rd-hand information and I have no real dog in this fight, but I understand that the conversation went quite differently... :dunno:

Last edited:

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    I am not associated w/ the shriners, but I am helping sell tickets as I am friends w/ some shriners. The 4th yellow ticket is supposed to be for the seller, and I believe the website is poorly worded and misleading. I have notified my contacts at the shrine and pointed them to the error. Hopefully you can understand it was just a miscommunication and not hold it against the organization which is trying to do good with the money raised. That an organization would hold such an event in this anti-gun political climate is pretty cool, imo!

-rvb

eta: I'm told website has been updated (I'm not having luck connecting; they are looking for a new provider). make sure you refresh if you don't see the change since it could be loading from cache.

-rvb

eta2:

It's 3rd-hand information and I have no real dog in this fight, but I understand that the conversation went quite differently... :dunno:

This in no way was intended to bash the Shriners, only a warning about one of the sellers of the tickets.

and yes i know it is all 3rd-hand

Top Bottom