• shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Like I said, horrible marketing. Just got this in my Email box:

To our valued SIG SAUER® DEALERS:

SIG SAUER would like to apologize for the confusion that our 1911-22 Promotion has caused in the marketplace. The confusion appears to be in regards to the qualifying product and the dealer network that is eligible to support the promotion.

From the onset, this was a limited supply promotion and one that would be available to direct SIGnature Dealers as well as wholesale distribution to service non-direct accounts. These packages were also sold at the recent 2014 S.H.O.T. Show to qualifying non-direct accounts.

Not all SIG SAUER 1911’s and 1911-22’s are qualified for the promotion. The promotion was limited to only 6 1911 SKU’s and on-hand inventory of 1911-22’s. Promotional quantities were based on existing SIG SAUER inventory and inventory that could be manufactured within the program’s effective dates. Wholesale Distribution was eligible to purchase 1 qualifying 1911/1911-22 package for every non-promotional 1911 ordered at the same time. Both promotional and non-promotional inventory is currently available on dealers’ shelves and through distribution.

The promotion has surpassed our highest expectations. Both our current and future supply of qualifying 1911 and 1911-22’s has been sold out. We sincerely apologize for the problems this promotion has caused the dealer network. In an effort to alleviate some of the confusion, we have removed the promotion form our website and will disseminate clarifying consumer communications.

Sincerely,

Bill Silver
    SIG SAUER, Inc.

VP Commercial Sales

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Oh the clerk also said something about how there is a 175 processing fee normally on the free gun but they complaining and didn't end up paying extra. Typical gander service issues at first but all ended well

That clerk doesn't know what they're talking about. There was no processing fee. There's no processing fee on purchasing ANY firearm at Gander.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Every place I've been so far in Indy seems to be either sold of the involved 1911's and 1911-22's or not participating in the deal.

So, that seems to be that.

On top of that, Gander was selling the Tac Ops for $1250 or so, which is the MSRP and about $300 more than you get it elsewhere. So, you'd end up paying the same price as just going elsewhere, buying the Tac Ops and the buying a Sig 1911-22. So, I guess it didn't really matter there anyway.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    MGE wholesale is sendin out ads saying if you buy two sig 1911's they will give you a free .22 1911. How nice of them. Probably keeping one .22 for every 2 they sell so they can sell it themselves or keep them.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    MGE wholesale is sendin out ads saying if you buy two sig 1911's they will give you a free .22 1911. How nice of them. Probably keeping one .22 for every 2 they sell so they can sell it themselves or keep them.

I don't know where you got this information but I was just in there two days ago and they were only requiring that you buy ONE Sig 1911 to get the free Sig .22 1911. Maybe you misunderstood the flyer as I got one in the email too and just checked it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My boss jumped on this deal. Got the Ultra TT. That was all that Midwest had in stock, but it was the model he wanted so it was good for him.

The Ultra TT is not nearly as nice in the fit and finish department as my Kimber Ultra CDPii. We'll see how it shoots once it warms up a little.

I have zero experience with 1911 .22s so I don't know how this one compares to anything else. It does have lots of plastic parts.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    As shooter521 said, it turns out the promo email was meant to only go to the dealers for their use.
    However, the mix up occurred because the email was inadvertently sent to anyone who filled out the warranty registration...then forwarded, facebooked, forum'd, printed off, etc.

A gentleman came in tonight with a print off he said he picked up at Gander Mt. wanting to know if we were a participating dealer. When we contacted our rep, the mix up was explained and it sounds like everything's been discontinued as far as special offers go.

24robinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    southern indiana
    Just got home from the Rural King in Jeffersonville,In. They got the Sig 45 promotion with the free 1911-22 in stock today. My brother and I both bought the Sig 1911 Ultra TT-45 and got the 1911-22 for free. The Ultra TT feels great in my hand and the 1911-22 feels great too. Can't wait to go shoot.

Top Bottom