• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Oh, I know.

Just seems some one should learn "stay in their lane".

I can't believe I just typed that.:rolleyes:

I believe it, and I agree. Gamez235's post nails the reason for Tom's rant. Jack evidently doesn't ever train like that so Tom's way of doing things must be wrong. Whatever.

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I really wish we could have video taped how pissed my buddy was getting at his "rig" I was laughing so hard when he'd drop his rifle and only to pull a holster. Afterward he realized that your gear has to be well thought out and how easily bad gear shows it's weaknesses when even remotely used under stress..

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Nov 2, 2008
    Comedy is a funny thing. Some times it depends where you are standing as to just how funny you think something is.

I was in the car business once and been a citizen of this country all my life. I thought it was hilarious the other day when I saw a Toyota in the Walmart parking lot with an "I support our troops" sticker that wouldn't start. He didn't think it was funny at all.

Does that make me an expert to be revered and qualified to expound on the topic with out dissent?

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I totally agree.

I highly recommend the Wilderness Tactical belt line.

Original Instructor Belt: Tactical Gear, Tactical Equipment, Duty Belts, Slings, USA

I prefer the 5 stitch polymer lined, I have both in black and tan. I actually wear mine at work even when I can't carry.

imageLogo.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Really?

I've been told a couple times now he doesn't sell belts?

What ever.

He doesn't. But a good belt is instrumental to the holsters that he does indeed sell. A poor quality belt will only allow the user to get partial performance out of his products.

Although you apparently see this as Tom's way of being overly interested in the fashions of gun-toters, consider for a moment that he may actually believe in the products he sells, and that he's offering some good advice to enhance the comfort and survivability of those who choose to go about their days armed.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    A short rant for the afternoon. :)

Too many times I see guys trying to carry their guns with a cheap $10 Wal-Mart belt. You can have the best holster and carry set up in the world, but that belt will cause you problems.

A good thick gun belt (not just the thickest belt you could find at Wal-Mart) is going to distribute the weight of the pistol better, hold the gun closer to your body, and not collapse on itself when you need it most.

People are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a pistol, their time and energy to get their permit, yet seem to think a $25 holster and $10 belt will perform well for them. Every piece of the carry system is as important as the others. Do not skimp on your gear.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Yeah, I could kick myself. Bought a new Raven at the October 1500, tried to use my Walmart belt and was very disappointed with my Raven. Sold it on Ebay. Shortly thereafter I bought a real belt (Crossbreed), I now realize the difference a belt makes and wish I still had my Raven. I guess I'll have to go to the January 1500. Hopefully Raven will be there.

DialTone301

Expert
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    Great holster (Raven) on a cheap belt doesn't work well. I find that the holster twists a little and makes my draw inconsistent. Hoping for a Wilderness belt for Christmas.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've been wearing a cheap walmart belt since I was old enough to buy belts. Because of it I've always hated belt mounted holsters (unaware that it was the belt that was the problem, not the holster) and opted for paddle holsters instead. I've done a lot of reading about it and when I ordered my Phantom (which I won't see until next year sometime :(), I bought a Liger Gun Belt to use with it. I've worn the belt a few times now and like it, but it's hard to tell much of a difference with a paddle holster. The real test will be comparing my old walmart belt to the Liger when the Phantom arrives.

wahlspyder

Plinker
    Jan 13, 2010
    Wearing a good heavy belt DOES make a huge difference - and they last longer than a couple months. I bought 2 from the Indy 1500 - believe the company was Bull Belts or BullHide belts. Makes a major difference in carrying comfort. Also seems to make things easier to conceal.

Lucas156

Master
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I got my Bullbelt in the mail on Saturday and Ive been wearing it ever since. It makes it a lot more comfortable to carry to say the least.

Sep 3, 2010
    I'm a walmart belter.....literally. Then again, I use a paddle holster or a shoulder rig, so I guess the difference may not be that noticeable.

I see videos of guys wearing the military rigger's belts, and have one of those. Its pretty stiff....anyone tried it with a belt holster?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I run a "rigger" type belt with all my holsters and they are all belt holsters. The belt makes the holster more secure/comfortable/usable. :twocents:

Top Bottom