• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    A short rant for the afternoon. :)

Too many times I see guys trying to carry their guns with a cheap $10 Wal-Mart belt. You can have the best holster and carry set up in the world, but that belt will cause you problems.

A good thick gun belt (not just the thickest belt you could find at Wal-Mart) is going to distribute the weight of the pistol better, hold the gun closer to your body, and not collapse on itself when you need it most.

People are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a pistol, their time and energy to get their permit, yet seem to think a $25 holster and $10 belt will perform well for them. Every piece of the carry system is as important as the others. Do not skimp on your gear.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Gamez235

Master
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Interestingly enough I was at the range and a friend of mine who is just getting into the whole training aspect of firearms showed up with a fobus paddle holster and a 1" leather belt... He chuckled at my Original SOE Gear riggers belt and RCS Phantom. I must have seen him yank that holster form his pants like 5 times. He finally thew the holster in the burn barrel at the range and I am sure he'll be calling you guys soon.

I think the biggest killer for me is guys who don't wear belts at all and have a gun in a holster on the waist.

Last edited:

combat45acp

Master
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Absolutely! I like it when they use a braided Pleather 1/2er and a $6 holster...followed up by a $1000 1911. Same rant on scopes for me too, $100 scope on a $800 rifle!

bigcraig

Master
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I will second BigCraig's emotions....even though he blew me off yesterday because "he had to work" :tantrum:

I was technically still "on the clock", however, I ended up not having to do another run. So I could have went to the range with you after all. :xmad:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Nov 2, 2008
    A short rant for the afternoon. :)

Too many times I see guys trying to carry their guns with a cheap $10 Wal-Mart belt...
    ...blah blah blah I read a magazine today so I need to preach a little...

Keep your eyes above the belt, off my "junk" and mind your own business.

All your problems are solved.

Unless they are bending you over their knee no one else's belt is any of your business kid.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Sep 3, 2009
    I wear a Galco belt, nice belt, a little more dressy then the Wilderness belts

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Picked me up a nice thick USA made leather belt at Smokey Mountain Knife Works last month. Not all that expensive but strong and did I mention it was made in the USA? Got a few sharp things there too, but the belt was my best find.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I think its funny when people speak out their posterior and have no idea about the person in which they are speaking about

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    ...blah blah blah I read a magazine today so I need to preach a little...

Keep your eyes above the belt, off my "junk" and mind your own business.

All your problems are solved.

Unless they are bending you over their knee no one else's belt is any of your business kid.

Your shoes must be made of candy or something equally yummy.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Explains nothing, really, well other than some one doesn't read nor know what the OP is talking about.

eta: Sort of sad really. Man doesn't even look who is calling a "kid" nor figure out what context he was speeking to.

You shouldn't be surprised at JR's nonsensical spoutings. I know I'm not....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom