• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Congrats mom and dad, that's what your money is being spent on. Bull**** like this.

Butler University offers anti-Trump course with 'strategies for resistance' - Washington Times

here the course description from the Butler Catalog. No mention of "strategies for resistance". I would not be surprised to find a course like this on Obama as well.

An in-depth study of a particular topic in the field of media, rhetoric and culture. May be repeated when the topics change. (U)(3)
    Trumpism & U.S. Democracy
    This course offers a broad historical, political, and critical communication studies approach to understanding the rise of Donald Trump as a political and social phenomenon. The course draws from the widely circulated Trump Syllabi (per the Chronical of Higher Education and Public Books) crowd sourced by some of the nation's leading scholars in American Political Science and history, demography, cultural studies, sociology, and more. The course will provide context and depth for student citizens as we look to historical and current texts by renowned authors as well as read excerpts from Trump's own The Art of the Deal. Students will potentially attend, as participant observers, campus and community events to witness ongoing responses to Trump's presidency and campaign. To instill disciplinary diversity, the course will invite faculty from across campus to guest lecture.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Wasn`t it trump who said that academia and the press were threats to America? Whomever said it, they were correct about both.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    here the course description from the Butler Catalog. No mention of "strategies for resistance". I would not be surprised to find a course like this on Obama as well.

An in-depth study of a particular topic in the field of media, rhetoric and culture. May be repeated when the topics change. (U)(3)
    Trumpism & U.S. Democracy
    This course offers a broad historical, political, and critical communication studies approach to understanding the rise of Donald Trump as a political and social phenomenon. The course draws from the widely circulated Trump Syllabi (per the Chronical of Higher Education and Public Books) crowd sourced by some of the nation's leading scholars in American Political Science and history, demography, cultural studies, sociology, and more. The course will provide context and depth for student citizens as we look to historical and current texts by renowned authors as well as read excerpts from Trump's own The Art of the Deal. Students will potentially attend, as participant observers, campus and community events to witness ongoing responses to Trump's presidency and campaign. To instill disciplinary diversity, the course will invite faculty from across campus to guest lecture.

You were saying...?

C-0sSN8XgAIuJcz.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Butler trying to memory-hole both the course and the "professor"?

This now returns a 404:

https://www.butler.edu/directory/user/asavage

And as for "resistance", there's still this bit in the scrubbed course description:

Students will potentially attend, as participant observers, campus and community events to witness ongoing responses to Trump's presidency and campaign.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    You were saying...?

C-0sSN8XgAIuJcz.jpg

wow, talk about two complete course descriptions for the same class. The online one actually looks interesting, this one, not so much. Just one sided.

Just curious where it came from? Just looks odd that it has a list of courses, and only the one has a expanded discription.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Part of the joy of Trump winning is to see all the butt hurt liberals try to deal with it. Don't recall any conservative courses on dealing with Obama eight years ago.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My daughter was watching 13 Reasons Why. (about a girl who kills herself) I kept telling her there is never a good reason to kill yourself. Now I'm not so sure I was right. People who take this kind of class have my blessing. They clearly don't have what it takes to deal with disappointment in life, and will never be happy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Indy star has a story too.

Butler's 'Trumpism' course description draws backlash

Butler University's 'Trumpism' course description draws backlash

IndyStar doesn't seem to display to well on my computer.
    But, I didn't seem to see a mention of the "strategies of resistance".

Also, would be funny to point out to them that the "strategies of resistance" cuts both ways.
    Maybe have a class full of conservatives, all of them telling the teacher they're taking the class for the next Democrat President.
    Bet the class would be canceled fast.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I find it odd that they have an entire class dedicated to just the Trump administration, but I guess if someone just really wants an elective it would work. The online course description sounds interesting to me, but the one on the paper doesn't sound like much good discussion would be had.

I'm a social work major, and have taken some courses on diversity and oppression, but those mainly focus on how to better serve minority clients and knowing their cultural backgrounds, rather than just saying something is bad and only reading texts which back up that opinion and not the opposite one (which sounds like this is doing). Doesn't sound any more beneficial than reading stuff on the internet, honestly. I wonder if Butler will keep this in their course catalog for very long.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think the first course description (before words such as "resistance" were scrubbed) shows something very telling. Why would you put that out in public? Every "ist" word under the sun with nothing to make anyone think this would be anything but AntiFa/BAMN 2.0. Do these people associate with anyone who thinks differently? In their world is this how everyone think, so everyone must think this way? This is Group-think on steroids.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    wow, talk about two complete course descriptions for the same class. The online one actually looks interesting, this one, not so much. Just one sided.

Just curious where it came from? Just looks odd that it has a list of courses, and only the one has a expanded discription.

Just a wild guess, but if you look online, this course is a non-standard, "special studies" course (I don't remember the exact wording). The rest of the courses appear to be normal, standard, self-explanatory courses.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "Queering Film T" is what? :scratch:

WND says taught by same professor

College offers anti-Trump class with ?strategies for resistance?

And she wears a waist pocket bag thing :):

Savage is also listed as a “professor and inaugural director of the Gender Studies program” at Butler. She co-authored a 2012 paper titled “Defying Borders: Transforming Learning through Collaborative Feminist Organizing and Interdisciplinary, Transnational Pedagogy.” Savage is also author of “Women’s Rights: Reflections in Popular Culture.”
    Read more at College offers anti-Trump class with ?strategies for resistance?

Top Bottom