Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Menard's "11% off Everything!" but it's given in a store credit coupon. Just give me the 11% off at the register and be done with it. Same with Kohl's Cash. Just give me the $5 bucks off $50 at the register.
    Don’t get me started on the whole “kohls” cash thing. That’s a point of contention with me and CKW.
    I used to shop Home Depot on line for convenience but my last visit for a door mat to match the other one I just bought in the store demanded I open an account.
    I have ran into this on websites for gun parts and supplies and refuse to open an account for a purchase of a $20 part on a site I may never frequent again. Let me continue as a guest or I am out.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Any product that routes your call to India. Tried Papa John's pizza lately? We live in a small rural town and if you call their local number listed on the store, correct area code and prefix, you get India. Really!! One of the employees we know said call this number and handed us a card. It goes to India.....

I take one of those high $ prescriptions for arthritis. It is dispensed about 5 miles from our house. Every month I had to make a call to get it shipped. It was a call center in India. Luckily a new pharmacy I use sends me a text and I just respond yes now.

Don

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anything said at a dealership. Hard to believe these things still exist. I don't want a hard sell and I sure as F am not going to pay sticker price. The fact that every single person who buys a car pays a different price is a disgrace. I think I'm done ever going to another stealership, if I can avoid it.

Reactions: Leo

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    "While supplies last" Well duh! You can't sell more than is available! Well, you can but won't be able to deliver. As a marketing ploy it's the original FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) tactic.

Not to steer the topic off course but dark pattern tech is also notorious for double-speak. Things like FREE* are misleading because after the trial period you start getting billed and cancelling is a nightmare. I think the EU just passed a law that curtails this but companies will just find more ingenious ways to make enrollment easy and cancellation impossible. Their approach as I understand it is cancellation must be as simple as enrollment - if I can enroll with one click then cancellation must be equally simple.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Anything said at a dealership. Hard to believe these things still exist. I don't want a hard sell and I sure as F am not going to pay sticker price. The fact that every single person who buys a car pays a different price is a disgrace. I think I'm done ever going to another stealership, if I can avoid it.
    If I came after your rifle you would fight like heck, just learn to fight back. Why should those that do not have negotiation skills get the same price as those that have skills? I have never bought a vehicle from anyone I was not happy with my deal.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If I came after your rifle you would fight like heck, just learn to fight back. Why should those that do not have negotiation skills get the same price as those that have skills? I have never bought a vehicle from anyone I was not happy with my deal.

Just don't have that skill and never have... :dunno:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The last car I bought at a dealership, I had already made up my mind. I showed him I had a clear title on my trade and a checkbook with enough to buy cash outright. I told him I am in no mood to negotiate. Here is what I am willing to give for the car he had. No magic charges after the fact. Go in the back, get yourself a donut and coffee, talk to whoever you want, when you come back, the only answer is yes or no. If yes, you sold a car, if no, or anything else, I walk away while we are still on friendly terms. I walked off two lots, that would not say yes or no. The salesman at the 3rd lot came back and said yes, I drove home in the car I selected.

Being emotionally involved with a purchase, or not having cash, puts you right on their rigged roulette wheel.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom