• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The 1111 is a beast. I can't wait to chop with it.

ResizedImage_1380033414404_zps39aac221.jpg

DosOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Evansville
    How does one go about mirror polishing like that? I want to do that to some infi...

well... it requires a lot of special tools, and i happen work in a polishing shop (we only do industrial jobs) so i had access to them. its about 10 processes to get to that point. lots of sandpaper, polishing stones, diamond compounds and multiple buffs, in my opinion its not worth it if you ever want to use it. it will scratch from looking at it. im going to put more of a satin/brushed finish next. id recomend some sanding drums to get the machining marks to start. wish i had more pics of the process but ive got a few.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I'm part of the cool kids club now! The Mil Overrun is an awfully sweet knife!
    10-3-2013 4-20-20 PM.jpg

Now I'm still waiting on the EU ZTBM to get here... wonder when I should start being concerned - shipped from Singapore on the 15th of Sept...

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Thanks! I'm itching to take it out and ruin it's mint-ness. I kind-of don't want to but it's happening!

The shape/size/handle/weight.... OOOoooOOO it is a very nice knife. Ever better than I had hoped - Syonara to my Ron Hood blade.

Now I just need to find something to destroy - my NMFSH has taken care of all the things that need taken care of :(.

Top Bottom