• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    yeah that's what I figured too. I want those little boot knives and I need my hawks lol. I don' want the paracord wrapped version from ganza coming up. I'm about to send you a pm anyhow to see if you can hook me up in the ganza as I think I'll be working and I need 2 of those scrap max's.

Not a problem, I have pretty good luck proxying for people in the Ganzas :yesway:

I don't need one because of the RMJ, but I'm going after one of the paracord Snipers. If I ever use it, at least I'm not going to shift the damn scales throwing it like I have the Rucki and NMSFNO. If I don't use it, well, it's cheap.

Those boot knives should be fun to throw.

Those are my hopes, I ordered 2 for that reason :D

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    This thread is a little too far down the list. You all know I like the Swamp blades, so here is one I just picked up.

Big brother and little brother. Or rather Uncle and nephew.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    nice blades hillbilly. I like me some swamp rat blades too lol the elusive battle rat :)

282f8632.jpg

0da7591c.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Man ohhhh Man what is this thread doing on page 2. blah. here is a few that have shown up recently!

these new scrap max's are freaking amazing. they were 90 bucks in the ganza and a steal at that price. some serious slicing power and in Elmax steel at that! I seriously love elmax steel and with the famous busse kin heat treat. just under a 1/8 th thick with amazing res-c handles. fits the hand great. 9 1/4 inch total length, 4.5 inch of cutting edge. perfect for hunting work and even fish as it's got some flex to it. I'm digging these blades

896d1e2d.jpg

I also scored in a trade a nice busse cabs LE(choiless, anorexic boss street). It's a thin busse at just 1/8" thick. 9 inches and some change with a 4.5 inch cutting edge. nice black paper micarta handles. man this thing feels great in the hand. it will also get a good work out during upcoming deer season.

31a7ae63.jpg

31a7ae63.jpg

both of these blades came razor sharp. I mean seriously sharp.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Dang grunt soldier, that scrapyard cant even cut thru a tomato, must be worthless.

better send it to me for proper disposal.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Nice blades gs!

What day is everybody going to the 1500? I have one or two new ones that I may bring for some show and tell.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm going to tell beef you said that as he sharpened them

Beef touched a Scrap Yard?

Dirty

:D ;)

Go ahead and tell him, I've grilled him on his edges before. It's funny the look he gives me one I pick on of his knives up from the edge and shake it a bit.

I'm just thinking that his knives seem sharp to you, because you can't sharpen ;)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Razor quality huh?

Maybe a razor that's been used to dry shave a couple times :D

Of all the Busses I've owned, I can say that I've never had a knife that just screamed "I'm sharp as hell!!".

Good edges- quite a few. Even edges- quite a few. Workable edges, not dull, but won't shave the hairs off a ticks ars- many.

Long story short, I think all the Beef love is kind of creepy.

Seems like I end up reprofiling my edges anyway.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Razor quality huh?

Maybe a razor that's been used to dry shave a couple times :D

Of all the Busses I've owned, I can say that I've never had a knife that just screamed "I'm sharp as hell!!".

Good edges- quite a few. Even edges- quite a few. Workable edges, not dull, but won't shave the hairs off a ticks ars- many.

Long story short, I think all the Beef love is kind of creepy.

Seems like I end up reprofiling my edges anyway.

After having hung out with beef a couple times at kc and blade I think that he really likes the manlove :dunno:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Most all my busses have been used lol so I don't know much about there factory edges. My B4 from beef was very sharp. It shaved well but wasn't screaming. A few minutes on the strop and it was tops. These thin Elmax blades pop hair off like nobodies bidness :)

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Figures that all the good stuff will be gone by the time I get there. I should be able to make it on Saturday but it may not be till Sunday.

Doesn't matter much anyways I guess. I'm broke again and can't actually buy anything.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    lol

Thanks for the offers but I'm pretty much all caught up again after going on a shopping frenzy for a month. I really need to stop with the impulse buys.

Top Bottom