• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The employees do NOT have a right to work on my property. If they don't like the conditions, leave.

The asbestos situation, same thing. If he is giving a warning then it is enter at your own risk. If you don't want some asbestos in your beer, don't go in there.

Very well said! This is parallel with my pet example: Don't join the navy if you don't like boats.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Personal Rights include Private Business Rights.

Of course, the friggin statist pigs do not understand that.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Expat...so I assume you feel that your stair wells wouldn't need hand rails, that you wouldn't need to sanitize dishes. You obviously wouldn't own a slippery when wet sign. How many more ridiculous examples should I give before you realize your argument is full of holes?

Should the government impose the same restrictions on private residences?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not to be disrespectful or anything,but I have to question the intellectual process that produced this ....

H is referring back to a previous thread regarding the city vs. the man who had not finished siding his house and this phrase grew legs in the course of a discussion/argument that broke out. Just a sarcastic flashback, that's all.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Whew...! I hoped I had missed something!I thought someone had forgotten critical medication.

That too.

I think it could be argued that no smoking laws are an exercise of Eminent Domain. I would like to see someone sue the city citing the takings clause and see what happens.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Okay, let's say I have a garage sale....how will this change my property rights? What about the babysitter in my house? I haven't seen any mention of this or any text regarding it, but what about the cab of a commercial vehicle? In Ohio the smoking ban extends to commercial vehicles with Ohio plates as places of business. I would like to know who to ask about this due to the fact that I would hate to be the first driver to be targeted by a JBT and become a test case at my expense. There are too many holes in both this state law and the local one for my satisfaction. Private property is private property period, it can't be private property for some things and not for others.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Maybe its time for a nationwide bacon ban.Bacon and sausage,in fact all red meat increases the risk of heart attack.It drives up Healthcare costs for us all!While we are at it,we must decrease the use of soft drinks by adding "sin taxes".Hey,while we are at it,lets mandate the use of Charmin TP because it is softer,and decreases the flare-up of hemorrhoids.....

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It wont be long and they will ¨TRY¨ and tell me I cannot smoke in my home because other people live in the house with me. Will be a very interesting day as I will be the one calling the cops on myself for violating that law.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    No, just making the pro government, pro regulation, pro HOA argument for the property nazis.

I might be nitpicking here, but I don't see what HOAs have to do with this. People enter an HOA covenant voluntarily. There's nothing voluntary about laws and ordinances.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Tall grass and unfinished siding are assault weapons. Smoking in the presence of others is a Nuclear Biological Chemical weapon.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Okay, let's say I have a garage sale....how will this change my property rights? What about the babysitter in my house? I haven't seen any mention of this or any text regarding it, but what about the cab of a commercial vehicle? In Ohio the smoking ban extends to commercial vehicles with Ohio plates as places of business. I would like to know who to ask about this due to the fact that I would hate to be the first driver to be targeted by a JBT and become a test case at my expense. There are too many holes in both this state law and the local one for my satisfaction. Private property is private property period, it can't be private property for some things and not for others.

I will be interested to see how this shakes out as well.

Legally, private commercial property isn't really private. Not since we decided to force our employers to conform to our requests through the use of government.

Top Bottom