• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    Thanks for the offer. Your customer service puts bushmaster's to shame! lol. To answer your question, I didnt want to have anyone other than bushmaster work on the rifle since it is under warranty. I'm afraid that if I took it to a gunsmith and later down the road had to send it back again, they would no longer recognize the warranty. I just got off the phone with their customer service dept. I told them I either wanted a refund or a new upper and that I was done playing the shipping it back and forth for "repair" game since they're obviously incapable of repairing it. Chris, the guy I spoke with, didn't seem opposed to the new upper idea.
    I live on the north side of Indianapolis. If Bushmaster doesn't take care of it this time or won't provide a refund, I would really appreciate taking you up on your offer and would compensate you in some way for your time. Again, thanks for the input guys

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    This time, I was very clear that I believed the problem was that the rifle was undergassed.

I've actually heard that BM tends to overgas their guns. Most recently from Pat Rogers at an EAG class. I've never owned one, but you might be able to measure the gas port and see if it is larger than spec (???).

I don't have any experience with BM, just relaying what I've heard.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I've actually heard that BM tends to overgas their guns. Most recently from Pat Rogers at an EAG class. I've never owned one, but you might be able to measure the gas port and see if it is larger than spec (???).

I don't have any experience with BM, just relaying what I've heard.

Overgas would not cause the problems the OP is having. You might have other problems like failure to extract.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Overgas would not cause the problems the OP is having. You might have other problems like failure to extract.

Was just throwing :twocents: in that it might be other issues than the gas, as I've often heard BM's are overgassed as opposed to undergassed.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    I helped the OP take a video of the gun malfunctioning while we were out shooting. Maybe a threat of that video posting on every online gun forum will motivate them to do something the right way this time....the OP is so disgusted he's ready to scrap the AR platform and buy a higher end AK (like Arsenal)...This whole situation is a terrible reflection on the current state of Bushmaster.

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    I just spoke with Bushmaster again yesterday. I continue to get the impression that they are either incompetent or just don't care. I do have very well documented video of the problems I have continued to have with my 1000 dollar rifle. If Bushmaster does not fix it PERFECTLY this time or send me a new rifle, I'm going to plaster the story and videos on every forum I can find. It's really sad to see what happens when a good company whores itself out to a conglomerate controlled by George Soros.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just spoke with Bushmaster again yesterday. I continue to get the impression that they are either incompetent or just don't care. I do have very well documented video of the problems I have continued to have with my 1000 dollar rifle. If Bushmaster does not fix it PERFECTLY this time or send me a new rifle, I'm going to plaster the story and videos on every forum I can find. It's really sad to see what happens when a good company whores itself out to a conglomerate controlled by George Soros.

You have to reliaze one thing though. Bushmaster is no longer Bushmaster. They are owned by Remington.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    When our company was bought by another company, we were still ..... us.

I dont think a change of ownership suddenly makes a good company a bad one, if the people are the same people.

Just saying

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Ah, gotcha. Well wow.. they buy a company and then fire everyone? holy crap.

That's according to what I have read on a couple of other gun forums. The new Bushmasters are built by Remington and they slap Bushmasters name on them. Bushmaster sold out to them 5 years ago I believe it was. Mine is an older model e2s and works great.

R.G.S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Bushmaster's service dept has not got any better since August. I am a dealer and sent a new Predator rifle upper to them in Illion,NY back in Octoberto do a simple forearm swap. It took them 13 weeks to return it and then it was not correct. Their customer service reps are located in North Carolina at Remington's office and don't know what is going on at the NY repair center. I plan on doing my best to talk any customer out of buying a Bushmaster, DPMS or Remington product from now on. The employees from the old Bushmaster plant in Maine have started making their rifles again under the name Wyndham Weaponry. I hope they turn out a quaility product.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm curious as well. I was going to sugest looking at the gas key screws. I found mine to not be properly staked, and one of the screw heads sheared off.

Top Bottom