• shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Found on another forum:
    acrad.jpg

So it appears BM will be offering the gun in both "standard" (fixed stock and plastic forearm) and "enhanced" (folding/collapsing stock and railed forearm) in black or FDE, and that MBUS sights will be standard equipment. Happy happy! Also nice to see they've opted to go with the simpler handguard rail, vs. the skeletonized/modular thing that has been seen on the Remington version of late.

Part numbers appear to be ACR SS 16M B & C for the Standard models (fixed stock & plastid forearm), and ACR FR 16M B & C for the Enhanced models (folding/collapsing stock & railed forearm), with the "B" standing for Black and the "C" for Coyote (FDE).

Last edited:

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Is remington going to offer it as well? I know remington (cerebus) bought bushmaster so just curious what name they are going to procduce it under.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    while i would really enjoy one... i am saving up for a genisis windrunner.... dont know what this is... google it, i promise your jaw will drop

shooter, i am definatly going to have to treat you and your gun to a few boxes of ammo whenever you get it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Is remington going to offer it as well? I know remington (cerebus) bought bushmaster so just curious what name they are going to procduce it under.

Remington will be handling the .mil version; Bushmaster will be handling the .civ/LE version. I suspect (but have not confirmed) that Bushmaster is building all of the guns and is roll-marking the .mil guns with the Remington brand like they do with the V-15.

Which one are you wanting?

Yes. ;)

I want the folding/collapsible stock but don't have need for the tri-rail HG. Much will depend on how quickly the various versions and parts become available and what the price structure looks like. If it's significantly cheaper to buy the Standard model and replace the fixed stock with the folding/collapsible later as opposed to buying the Enhanced model, that's what I will do. Not picky about the color; either would do fine.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Remington will be handling the .mil version; Bushmaster will be handling the .civ/LE version. I suspect (but have not confirmed) that Bushmaster is building all of the guns and is roll-marking the .mil guns with the Remington brand like they do with the V-15.

quote]

Cool!

I wonder if the ACR will be like the AR 15 in a few years in that you will have a dozen other manufactures making "clones" of it. Exmaple Colt predominatly dominated that market for decades and now you have, Larue, Noveske, LWRC, LMT, Bushmaster, Remington, Spikes, Stag, RRA, Olympic etc....making AR15 style rifles. I'm sure there are patents etc..just a what if thought?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    while i would really enjoy one... i am saving up for a genisis windrunner.... dont know what this is... google it, i promise your jaw will drop

the only thing it pulls up is world of warcraft junk:n00b: are you talking about an EDM windrunner? if yes then those are the shizz and the good enough for cheytac to copy.

Top Bottom