• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    Burris XTR or Warne Maxima rings? Any benefit as to how the scope is mounted or downfall to either? Leaning more toward the Burris but like the Warne rings as well. Will be mounted on Mossberg MVP chambered in 5.56, wont be much recoil so no big deal for both. Thanks again to all

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have had much luck with Warne. Have a few of the quick detach as I could not believe how well they held zero when removed and replaced. Makes room in the safe since scoped guns do not play well in the box. I like others but in quick detach the warned rock.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Its just as much about taking lumps as it is about taking recoil. The either will do fine for most applications, but IMO the Warnes are a little better due to the materials used (they are harder to mount but you only do that once so it shouldn't figure in) and a little cheaper. Cheaper, and better is a pretty good selling point.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Lafayette
    Thanks vette, kind of funny I called my dad and he happened to have an extra set of Warnes 1" high rings he'd sell me for $28. Sounds like a deal to me and I just picked up the scope this morning at Gander here in LAF for $199 great price imo!!! MSRP is $279 on the website and Gander only had ONE how lucky is that?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom