Burgular caught by neighbor down the street while I am stiting her typing on ING

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I live in Western Hendricks county I got broke into about 5 years ago, two of my neigbors got broke into last summer and another the summer before. Im guessing meth heads. We have one active and one retire LEO that live on the same road. These guys are getting really brave, Im hoping someone will smoke a few of them and maybe this **** would stop. Dont be complacent because u live in a nice neighborhood or in the country like me....get an alarm and have your neighbors keep an eye out.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm waiting for the police to charge confinement for the young man blocking their escape, or pointing a loaded firearm. :dunno:
    Purple? You mean that's sarcasm? I'm shocked. You mean to indicate that the reception a law abiding Hoosier gets from the police after dealing with the criminal element is contingent entirely upon the caliber (no pun intended) and character of the LEOs who arrive on scene? I'm just shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

sben763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    It really sucks these day those of us hard working law abiding citizens have to worry about what's going on while we're out making a living and these low life's are breaking into our house.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To TTravis,

Great job of your neighbor watching out and taking action.

Is there a media link to this?

If this hasn't hit the local news it should!

In todays climate this is the kind of story that needs to go out everywhere, showing one of the the many reasons we have a RTBA.

Regards,

Doug

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Purple? You mean that's sarcasm? I'm shocked. You mean to indicate that the reception a law abiding Hoosier gets from the police after dealing with the criminal element is contingent entirely upon the caliber (no pun intended) and character of the LEOs who arrive on scene? I'm just shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. :):

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Most interesting that they also call the cops!

Unfortunately these guys will be out doing this again until they kill someone and/or get killed themselves. Scary for them to make a threat against the homeowner.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    To TTravis,

Great job of your neighbor watching out and taking action.

Is there a media link to this?

If this hasn't hit the local news it should!

In todays climate this is the kind of story that needs to go out everywhere, showing one of the the many reasons we have a RTBA.

Regards,

Doug

I have not seen anything in the news. I am expecting something to sow up on the Police Blotter for Hendricks Co Sheriff. They delay their listing for several days but it should show up tomorrow. Their listings are so vague, I don't think any media will pick up on what actually happened. It will probably say "Burgulary at such and such address, date and time".

I get the feeling they didn't want this story getting out, you know where a civilian takes care of business. Can't have anyone getting any ideas about defending their property themselves.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    I was looking through the Police blotter on Hendricks County Flyer's site and based on the last day up, I figure it should show up soon too.

I did run across something else. There was a theft right by there too on 1/4/13...

I happen to be looking through the Police blotter on Hendricks County Flyer's site today. I believe this may be the only reference to the incident.

At 4:44 p.m., theft at 445 S 525 E

Police Blotter, 1-4-13 » Police Blotter » Hendricks County Flyer, Avon, IN

I'm actually glad I was reading the blotter. I found there was theft and an assault in my small subdivision all within the last week.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Plainfield and Hendricks County tend to not report a lot of incidents in their blotters. Everything is peachy out here...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom