Burgular caught by neighbor down the street while I am stiting her typing on ING

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    We've been having a lot of trouble with houses getting robbed out here in remote Hendricks County. My place was robbed and just about all my neighbours have had problems. This is not uncommon these days.

Today around 1:00 PM, not more than .5 miles to the north of me one of the neighbours, a 20 something old farm boy, born and raised here saw a strange pickup in his neighbours drive. He happens to also be related to neighbour/buddy. He calls and confirms truck does not belong there. Two guys, WM and BM, in 30's waive and pretend to be putting gas in truck. Hood was up. Farm boy parks tractor and grabs 12 ga and watches burglars while 911 is being called. While waiting for LE to arrive, burglars begin to leave farm boy blocks the road with his truck and draws down on them with shotgun and tells them not to move or will blow a;djklf;aldjk heads off. Somehow burglars call 911 about crazy guy with shotgun. Burglars were arrested, heroin found in vehicle. They were both on probation with drug and burglary related charges. Guys were from Kentucky Avenue in Indy.

Burglars said when they get out of jail, they would come back and visit home owner. I suggest that us neighbours go visit them in jail first.

I scolded my buddy for not calling me and causing me to miss out on the fun! I wonder if this will make the news.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    So was the neighbor's house actually burglarized? Did the guys end up having any stolen stuff in their truck or just the heroin?

Actually wife left back door unlocked. Alarm went off when they opened the door. Alarm company also called 911.

I guess they can't get them on burglary because they did not "break in". Nothing was stolen. There are plenty other charges though.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    :rockwoot:

Having once been a good ole farm boy (before being trapped in this cess pool) I can imagine the sight.

Silly city denizens have NO clue about the craziness, that is ingrained from birth, of us country boys.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Residential entry does not require a "break in." As I learned, all it takes is turning the doorknob and opening the door.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Actually wife left back door unlocked. Alarm went off when they opened the door. Alarm company also called 911.

I guess they can't get them on burglary because they did not "break in". Nothing was stolen. There are plenty other charges though.

Glad they were caught though, burglaries are a big problem everywhere right now.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Home owner and farmboy have both seen vehicle in area recently. They should know better than to break in homes where people hang deer from trees and clean them!

BG tried to make some stupid excuses why there were there but everyone just laughed at them.

Last edited:

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    We've been having a lot of trouble with houses getting robbed out here in remote Hendricks County. My place was robbed and just about all my neighbours have had problems. This is not uncommon these days.

Today around 1:00 PM, not more than .5 miles to the north of me one of the neighbours, a 20 something old farm boy, born and raised here saw a strange pickup in his neighbours drive. He happens to also be related to neighbour/buddy. He calls and confirms truck does not belong there. Two guys, WM and BM, in 30's waive and pretend to be putting gas in truck. Hood was up. Farm boy parks tractor and grabs 12 ga and watches burglars while 911 is being called. While waiting for LE to arrive, burglars begin to leave farm boy blocks the road with his truck and draws down on them with shotgun and tells them not to move or will blow a;djklf;aldjk heads off. Somehow burglars call 911 about crazy guy with shotgun. Burglars were arrested, heroin found in vehicle. They were both on probation with drug and burglary related charges. Guys were from Kentucky Avenue in Indy.

Burglars said when they get out of jail, they would come back and visit home owner. I suggest that us neighbours go visit them in jail first.

I scolded my buddy for not calling me and causing me to miss out on the fun!
    I wonder if this will make the news.

Mayhaps if you werent wasting time on INGO......:stickpoke:

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Yeah Travis where abouts did this occur? I live in Plainfield and I have some good friends that live just outside of town. They've been robbed a couple times over the years. Thanks for reporting.:yesway:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Actually wife left back door unlocked...

Breaking and entering is entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If they entered with the intent to commit another crime such as theft, then the crime becomes burglary.

What did the truck look like?

Just wondering since we had an incident here in northern Hendricks Co., that was probably an intended burglary that was interrupted. The perpetrators made off in a red pickup w/red hard tonneau cover.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Breaking and entering is entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If they entered with the intent to commit another crime such as theft, then the crime becomes burglary.

Just wondering since we had an incident here in northern Hendricks Co., that was probably an intended burglary that was interrupted. The perpetrators made off in a red pickup w/red hard tonneau cover.

Older white Dodge PU with some rust on it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Indiana doesn't have a breaking and entering law. Residential Entry covers what you are talking about. It becomes burglary when you enter with intent to commit a felony, not just another crime.

If you did a residential entry to punch someone and run off, that would be Residential Entry and battery, but not burglary.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom