• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    lease me your backyard. ill give you $5 a month to store each car i put in your backyard. in 20 years, when you try to "jack it up" to $6 im going to tell you that i dont want to pay you anymore, but im going to keep all my cars in your backyard. when you try to remove them i will "fight back" and that i have a legal right to keep using it, and not pay, and i quit paying 15 years ago lol

how can any of you 100% side with this dude? i just cant fathom how people cant see that this is stealing. do you think i like paying indiana the stupid high income taxes we have? yeah i dont want to pay them, but i have to. i may not like that they built a road leading to someone elses house, but they built the road to my house also. i dont have kids, does that mean i shouldnt pay property taxes? this world isnt free people, this dude has made a very nice living off of us. i think he at least owes each american a steak or SOMETHING.

I don't side with this dude 100%. I think most people who side with him at all, to kut's point, are siding against government overreach. And, I wish everyone would stop with the oversimplified analogies that conveniently leave out the aspects that people actually object to.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    § 4110.1–1 Acquired lands. Where lands have been acquired by the Bureau of Land Management through purchase, exchange, Act of Congress or Executive Order, and an agreement or the terms of the act or Executive Order provide that the Bureau of Land Management shall honor existing grazing permits or leases, such permits or leases are governed by the terms and conditions in effect at the time of acquisition by the Bureau of Land Management, and are not subject to the requirements of § 4110.1. [60 FR 9962, Feb. 22, 1995] http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-20...08-title43-vol2-subtitleB-chapII-subchapD.pdf

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    the Bureau of Land Management shall honor existing grazing permits or leases, such permits or leases are governed by the terms and conditions in effect at the time of acquisition by the Bureau of Land Management
    None of that matters cause when the guberment wants something they'll make up a new law to get around the old laws.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    § 4110.1–1 Acquired lands. Where lands have been acquired by the Bureau of Land Management through purchase, exchange, Act of Congress or Executive Order, and an agreement or the terms of the act or Executive Order provide that the Bureau of Land Management shall honor existing grazing permits or leases, such permits or leases are governed by the terms and conditions in effect at the time of acquisition by the Bureau of Land Management, and are not subject to the requirements of § 4110.1. [60 FR 9962, Feb. 22, 1995] http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-20...08-title43-vol2-subtitleB-chapII-subchapD.pdf

Did the Mexican government issue a grazing permit?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Destro you think the BLM has not changed the terms of the grazing permits?

Where lands have been acquired by the Bureau of Land Management through purchase, exchange, Act of Congress or Executive Order, and an agreement or the terms of the act or Executive Order provide that the Bureau of Land Management shall honor existing grazing permits or leases, such permits or leases are governed by the terms and conditions in effect at the time of acquisition by the Bureau of Land Management

Do you have evidence there was a grazing permit in place when BLM started management of the land, AND they were required to honor that permit? I would also be intrested to know how that law applies to land managed by the General Land Office and the Grazing Adminstration prior to management by BLM and if that is really considered a "transfer"

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The land was acquired by the federal government 100 years before the Taylor Act, prior to Nevada becoming a state and well before Bundy's family bought their 160 acres (which is all he owns, by the way).

If you've ever been to that area of Nevada, the only things that graze there successfully are lounge lizards and hookers.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    None of this is relevant. The Constitution sets the parameters under which the federal government may own land, and owning millions of acres in the West does not meet the standards. NONE of the acres that the BLM manages actually belongs to the federal government.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    The land was acquired by the federal government 100 years before the Taylor Act, prior to Nevada becoming a state and well before Bundy's family bought their 160 acres (which is all he owns, by the way).

If you've ever been to that area of Nevada, the only things that graze there successfully are lounge lizards and hookers.

Who owned it before the federal government? And who owned it before then? Who was the very first owner of this land, and how did they come to be recognized as the rightful owner?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Mexico and Spain were prior owners.

While the video is interesting, it should be noted that grazing laws were recognized as an imperative by the Hoover Administration and ultimately the Taylor Grazing Act was passed at the urging of western ranchers in 1934. Grazing law goes back as far as the Northwest Ordinance in the late 18th Century.

I come from Colorado and the most legislated commodity in the state is WATER. Cattle are a poor stepchild, but ranchers who think they own public lands are a blight on the mountains and rangeland.

Last edited:

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Are hunters, fishers, and shooters who use public lands stealing from me?

We can all sit here and argue who has the proper right to use public lands and for what purpose and never solve this problem. The only way to fix it is to get the government out of the real estate business.

if they don't pay for hunting and fishing licenses they are. its called poaching and its illegal, and hunting and fishing licenses pay for COs to make sure that everyone isn't taking more than their fair share, or destroying it so other people cant use it. would you be pissed if I went out there with a machine gun and killed 302 deer in one year and then you didn't get any?

same way someone who doesn't buy license plates is stealing road usage from you, or how people complain about how semis tear up the roads, the police make sure trucks aren't overloaded and tear up the roads more than they do now. everyone pays for license plates pays for the roads. would you defend someone who got pulled over for not buying license plates for the past 20 years?

this guy is using public land, and because he didn't like how the money was being spent thinks that entitles him to not pay. he should just take his cows and move on, consider the past 20 years a windfall gift.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    if they don't pay for hunting and fishing licenses they are. its called poaching and its illegal, and hunting and fishing licenses pay for COs to make sure that everyone isn't taking more than their fair share, or destroying it so other people cant use it. would you be pissed if I went out there with a machine gun and killed 302 deer in one year and then you didn't get any?

same way someone who doesn't buy license plates is stealing road usage from you, or how people complain about how semis tear up the roads, the police make sure trucks aren't overloaded and tear up the roads more than they do now. everyone pays for license plates pays for the roads. would you defend someone who got pulled over for not buying license plates for the past 20 years?

this guy is using public land, and because he didn't like how the money was being spent thinks that entitles him to not pay. he should just take his cows and move on, consider the past 20 years a windfall gift.

Someone that doesnt pay license plates is stealing road usage? Seriously? What about all the gas tax? What the hell is that being used for? So, yes I would defend someone that didn't license their property to exercise their right to travel on roads they are paying taxes for everytime they fill up their vehicle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

WTF? If you really think that people driving unlicensed vehicles are "stealing" my road usage, I'm not surprised you're having such a difficult time understanding why people might side with Bundy over the BLM and their hired mercenaries. Last time I saw an unlicensed vehicle, I WAS USING THE ROAD! And I thought, "hope he don't get caught!"

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    WTF? If you really think that people driving unlicensed vehicles are "stealing" my road usage, I'm not surprised you're having such a difficult time understanding why people might side with Bundy over the BLM and their hired mercenaries. Last time I saw an unlicensed vehicle, I WAS USING THE ROAD! And I thought, "hope he don't get caught!"

Yep, what about the people on their bicycles, scooters, or just running in the road. And of course it is against the law to have horses and buggies unless you are Amish so that isn't even an option

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    1901303_510248852419649_1373420545885364249_n.jpg

Top Bottom