• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I did the trip out to Fresno CA last year. Came back through Yellowstone and Sheridan Wy. It's a great trip. Just make sure you have the best tires you can afford.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This will go well...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/u...the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?_r=0

"The Nevadan rancher in trouble with the federal government for grazing his cattle on federal lands without paying the proper fees is speaking out as what he sees are issues involving minorities and welfare. Cliven Bundy, the 67-year-old rancher whose standoff with federal rangers made him a Fox News star, told reporters Wednesday, “I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he started, and went on to complain about how he thinks they just sit on their porches all day. “And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he wondered. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?” Rand Paul, who has previously expressed support for Bundy, said in a statement, "His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him.""

Well, looks like the Klan will be sending a contingent the next time things flare up on the ranch....

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    So the same people will be out there next time?

Like Sherrif Brad Rogers of Elkhart:

"I really don't know if Bundy is correct in his stand; whether he truly owes money or not. Some people think he's a freeloader, using public land for his cattle. Yet, he is a hard worker, unlike others on welfare sponging off the taxpayer for no work. The tradition of ranchers using public land is centuries old. Bundy supporters agree that the issue is complex. However, what all people, including myself, would agree on, and likely sparked the patriot response to this event, is that we will not tolerate being governed by a Federal government at the point of a gun."
    Lafayette Citizen Journal: Breaking News: Indiana Sheriff Brad Rogers Visits Clive Bundy Ranch in Nevada and Discovers Federal Agents Massacred Cattle They Stole

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Like Sherrif Brad Rogers of Elkhart:

"I really don't know if Bundy is correct in his stand; whether he truly owes money or not. Some people think he's a freeloader, using public land for his cattle. Yet, he is a hard worker, unlike others on welfare sponging off the taxpayer for no work. The tradition of ranchers using public land is centuries old. Bundy supporters agree that the issue is complex. However, what all people, including myself, would agree on, and likely sparked the patriot response to this event, is that we will not tolerate being governed by a Federal government at the point of a gun."
    Lafayette Citizen Journal: Breaking News: Indiana Sheriff Brad Rogers Visits Clive Bundy Ranch in Nevada and Discovers Federal Agents Massacred Cattle They Stole

What a shame

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hate to say I told you so…… …..no I don't.

I TOLD YOU SO!

You may well have done so, and it is still irrelevant. You are fixated on the person of Bundy. Others of us are focused on the fact that the behavior of the government is unacceptable regardless of to whom it may be directed.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Why is it that the face of welfare always has to be a black person?

It shouldn't be, but they are the biggest recipients of it and whites are #2.

Until you asked this I had no idea, so I looked up the stats. The real shock for me is the $$/hr equivalents further on down the table ($17.50/hr Hawaii - for doing nothing?)

From Time mag (ugh):

African Americans are only 12% of the population as a whole, at least according to the census count, yet they're 33% of the welfare population -- surely evidence of a shocking addiction to the dole.​

I had to get unemployment for 14 months a few years ago until I finally found another job. It was the first time I ever accepted assistance in the 38 years of my working life. A sick wife + mortgage required me to do it and it was still a tough pill to swallow.

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

Welfare Demographics
    Percent of recipients who are white38.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are black39.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are Hispanic15.7 %
    Percent of recipients who are Asian2.4 %
    Percent of recipients who are Other3.3 %

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I had to get unemployment for 14 months a few years ago until I finally found another job. It was the first time I ever accepted assistance in the 38 years of my working life. A sick wife + mortgage required me to do it and it was still a tough pill to swallow.

I recommend not letting it bother you. If you consider that the state has been taking money from you for this purpose all your working life at a rate ranging from, if I remember correctly, 3-8% of your income depending on your employer(s)'s statistics for layoffs, add up the total (in fairness, you should add compounded interest since this hidden tax still is part of your employment and is money that would otherwise have been available to you or to your employer, preventing the need to lay you off) and my guess is that you will find that the state came out ahead in the deal taking money that you had earned in the first place and giving back a small portion of it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'll take that as a victory. As to the escalation of violence by the Fed….I agreed that it was wrong a couple of threads ago.

I wouldn't go that far, given that I have made it perfectly clear that the person of Bundy is completely irrelevant so far as the discussion of policy and acceptable federal behavior are concerned.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Until you asked this I had no idea, so I looked up the stats. The real shock for me is the $$/hr equivalents further on down the table ($17.50/hr Hawaii - for doing nothing?)

From Time mag (ugh):

African Americans are only 12% of the population as a whole, at least according to the census count, yet they're 33% of the welfare population -- surely evidence of a shocking addiction to the dole.​

Welfare Demographics

1% difference? Sure, blacks deserve all the blame for welfare. :rolleyes:

Less than 10% of the local elementary school is minority yet 37% are on free or reduced lunches. Again, why does the face of welfare have to be a black person?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

From Time mag (ugh):

Welfare Demographics

Careful with stats. I haven't done any of the research but taking your chart on face value only, that is the percentage of recipients on welfare by demographic group NOT percentage of the population of that demographic group on welfare.

Top Bottom