Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What can be taken?
    Only 1 buck 2 does?
    can you use it for 3 does?

If you want three does or more can you buy another bundle or do you have to get. Bonus antlerless?

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I wish someone would break this down. Laws are crazy here and if the bundle works like I think it would make things easier

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It's one buck two does depending on your specific county's anterless quota.
    Your max amount of deer total depends on the county you are hunting in and that info can be found in the Indiana DNR Hunting Regulations. DNR: Hunting & Trapping Guide or you can pick up a printed copy at your local walmart. There is nothing to keep you from maxing out your county quota and then buying permits for another county and maxing out that quota for that county and on and on.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Well breaking down the cost of the bundle at 24 24 and 15 that would get you a buck firearms antlerless bonus and second antlerless bonus tag for 63 all the bundle does is remove the archery and smoke pole/firearms restrictions for 2 dollars.

Not much of a bundle for a antler hunter. Ok for a meat hunter and if you want archery/muzzleloader buck chance for an extra 2 dollars it makes sense. I can be in the woods only a certain Amount of time each fall a firearms buck and doe bundle at 35-40 dollars would make sense for me. My best bet for seeing active deer is firearms season.

As as far as I know you can not use it for 3 does.

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    I called DNR last Thursday before I purchased my license online and the lady told me that the bundle was for one buck and two does or three does.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The deer license bundle is good for any combination of the following,

1 antlered deer and 2 antlerless deer

or

3 antlerless deer.

sex does not matter.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I would do the math and if you can get 3. Onus antlerless tags at 24 15 and 15 or 54 dollars I guess and extra 10 to get the chance at a buck would be ok. If you knew you were only going to shoot 3 does then 3 bonus antlerless tags are cheaper.

You could always use the last tag in the afternoon of the last day of the hunting season on a doe so that would be a good thing.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That doesn't specify genders (as in 1 buck 2 does OR 3 does), nor if you can buy two bundle licenses.
    I doubt anyone really knows since the DNR guys on the phone disagree about the genders and as far as buying two bundles, the answer is "Uh...we don't know. Try it?"

yes it does, click on the Deer bundle link. I tried to link directly to it, it doesn't work, have to click the link on the page.

Sex doesn't matter in Indiana, they determine based on antlered or antlerless. The button buck I shot the other day counts as antlerless.

What are some examples of things you CAN do with the deer bundle license?
    You can hunt for your antlered deer during archery season while filling antlerless bags. If you do not have an antlered deer come by during archery season, pick up a legal firearm and go out during that season.

You can have three licenses available during firearms season, and if you don't fill them, take your muzzleloader out during muzzleloader season, or take your firearms out in the special antlerless season and try to harvest an antlerless deer.

You can have a license privilege that allows you to harvest 1 antlered and 2 antlerless or 3 antlerless deer during the archery season, flip back and forth using different types of legal archery equipment (long/recurve/compound/cross) during the archery season if you prefer. If you choose not to harvest all three deer with archery equipment, you can pick up a legal firearm and hunt during firearms, muzzleloader, or special antlerless season until you reach your bag limit for the deer bundle.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    jmarriott, the advantage of the bundle is being able to hunt across all seasons.

Someone with a bow/crossbow and muzzleloader can cover basically every day from October 1 to Jan 5th.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    jmarriott, the advantage of the bundle is being able to hunt across all seasons.

Someone with a bow/crossbow and muzzleloader can cover basically every day from October 1 to Jan 5th.

Im glad for you confirm this because I hate having to buy a tag for each season. Into gun season with an archery tag in the hole I probably won't use.

Top Bottom