• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    Took my LCP home from Bass Pro and noticed a small spot on front of slide under muzell that blueing is missing(should have looked closer at shop). Called Ruger and spoke with Peggy in the shop, she recomended that I use touch up pen, that what they will do! I told her that was not an option and sent it in, courtesy of Bass pro. Recived it a month later, guy at Bass Pro was rushing me to sign and leave without opening the box, but I did. Guess what, looked like the used touc up pen! I refused the gun and told them to return, little attitude from Bass Pro guy(Portage). Called Ruger and talked to supervisor, let her know how I felt, what a crock. She told me they wil replace slide thi time. Wow, theres an idea. Similar experience with a P45 in the past. Anybody interested in a LCP w 2 boxes of Hornady Extreme defense and 2 bx Corbon HP'S?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    In my experience, many firearms manufacturers won't fix minor flaws in the finish under warranty. I'm not condoning it, just saying that that is the way it is.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Took my LCP home from Bass Pro and noticed a small spot on front of slide under muzell that blueing is missing(should have looked closer at shop). Called Ruger and spoke with Peggy in the shop, she recomended that I use touch up pen, that what they will do! I told her that was not an option and sent it in, courtesy of Bass pro.

They did exactly what they said they would do, so why the hard feelings? If that wasn't going to suffice it was up to you to clarify things in the beginning. Besides, those of us that use our guns for their intended purpose don't own one that would qualify as a show piece. Everything I have started showing wear within a few days of aquisition. A little touchup every now and then keeps them presentable and shows character.

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    The point is that I DID make it clear to them what I expected from them the first time. Any wear on the gun should come by usage, not out of the box. I expect a much higher level of customer service for my $$$.

Bearfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I think you should have looked at it better before you bought it. If you had seen the blemish, you probably could have gotten a whole bunch cheaper from Bass Pro. I have never had any problems with Ruger, as I have many pistols, revolvers and rifles. To me, they make superior firearms. Their only problem is over-building the gun.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a terrible time with them replacing a stock on a Red Label. I sent it in and they had it 3 Months!! It did look great once it came back though. Since Bill Ruger died the customer service has gone down hill. BTW Ruger supported the first AWB saying civilians didn't need to own military style weapons! Wonder if it could be b/c Ruger doesn't make anything but the Mini 14 and it wasn't listed in the AWB...... Hmmmmmm

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tough lessons learned. A few things to take away from this;
    You must thoroughly inspect your potential purchases.
    Big box gun shops may not be the way to go, if you are expecting customer service.
    You might be better served with a local gun shop. Some offer warranties, most will work with their customers.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I dunno about that.. I've got a P89 that's over a decade old now, and it still runs just fine. It's ugly as sin, but hey, it goes "bang"..

Birddogs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    I did have problems with my SR9, straight out of the box, and not just the recall on it either. But I do have to give Ruger credit, once I got in contact with the right man at Ruger (Joe? Kramer) I did get all of my questions answered, and a few other perks I demanded. Nick

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You know, more and more I feel if you're buying a Ruger handgun and it ain't a revolver, you're doing it wrong.

Naw. But if you are buying a Ruger, and expecting a thing of beauty, with perfect cosmetics, your expectations are too high. These are not the things Ruger is known for, at least not in their service handguns.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Naw. But if you are buying a Ruger, and expecting a thing of beauty, with perfect cosmetics, your expectations are too high. These are not the things Ruger is known for, at least not in their service handguns.

+1, Expecting Korth like finish with inexpensive guns is sort of counterproductive.

BUT!! The issue isn't the expectations of finish quality, it is the expectation of quality service that has been damaged here. If a gun I purchased had a flaw cosmetically, I would not be angry about it, but I would expect better service from the people I purchased it from or who manufactured it. I have been in a Bass Pro shop once and I would never again. I bought some ammo and they were horrendously rude. If Bass Pro is the only gunshop in your area, I suggest saving some loot for gas and going to a decent shop.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    It's been some time since I've been in a Bass Pro, but last time I was there I don't even remember seeing firearms or other gunstuff.. Archery, yes, but I was there for fishing tackle and didn't pay any attention to that..

Top Bottom