• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    CBRS?

I dont believe the SGworks had that issue, Im not even sure te CBRS did atleast from one demo.

Yea, the CBRS or whatever one. In the video it showed that the buttstock would slip apart after a few shots and when put together it was just the one screw and the buttstock that held it all together. Not a very stable platform.

Now, the SGworks looked more solid, but I didn't see any assembly videos yet. I did like how the CBRS model had a built in deflector on the stock. That was a nice feature. I didn't see that on the others. They all looked like the back part was just open. :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    There is an instructional on the SGworks...A young female is doing it, it's a 2 part.

I saw one fellow, who Bullpupped his Mosin had a problem with his back coming off, too.

He used Epoxy & magnetics to correct it, he has a review on the Mosin.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Mine should be here in a month or so, i'll review it. When i purchased it the stock was only 100$ plus the accessories. Now it's gone up. Its supposed to double or more once the backorders are taken care of. If you want one, now is the time.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I would REALLY like to try one of these out, just to see how it feels. It really would be a great alternative to the more expensive AR-15 if it's as great as they make it out to be.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    SE,

SGworks has an assembly video up, a 2 parter. They also have some photos of the parts laid out. Look at the home page for the videos (Listed in the video window for the promo that plays on its own).

Pics: Sample Pictures | Shernic Gun Works

I've seen the CBS video, and was amazed at how questionable the conversion seemed. Who knows, it could be rock solid once it's togather right. The SG Works looks pretty solid and I don't see it disassembling itself during a course of fire. It's going to be a fun gun for me first and foremost so if it's less than rock solid it still fullfills my intents.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I've seen one of those white stormtrooper rifle conversions for a saiga 12 and i wasn't impressed. The plastic like pieces didn't fit together well, and they still had the original manufacturers markings on them which made it look even less professional.

3978865790_28a5e44141.jpg

The only good thing i could see it used for is if you're really into starwars, want to exercise you're second amendment rights, and don't want to break character.

images
    rem_flat_op_554x214.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The only good thing i could see it used for is if you're really into starwars, want to exercise you're second amendment rights, and don't want to break character.

images
    rem_flat_op_554x214.jpg

:lmfao:

That's hilarious!!!!!! I needed that laugh after this morning! :D

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Not succeeded how? It looks like they succeeded just fine in those videos... :dunno:Not really worried about the trigger pull on a regular SKS. Not much you can do about it anyway.

None have succeeded financially, if they worked well and were worth the price they would have succeeded as a company. And the trigger pull on aSKS can be greatly improved with just a little knowledge, but not if you are going to run a long flexing linkage to it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    None have succeeded financially, if they worked well and were worth the price they would have succeeded as a company. And the trigger pull on aSKS can be greatly improved with just a little knowledge, but not if you are going to run a long flexing linkage to it.

The CBRPS setup didn't look like it was very flexible, but you do have a point.

I like the look of the CB setup, but the SGW setup seems more stable. There's gotta be a workable setup between the two. Maybe they should team up. :dunno:

I'll look into SKS trigger jobs though. Don't really mind mine though.

Top Bottom