• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    SKS triggers aren't that great on a good day, add in the linkage the forward trigger would require and I bet it feels like squeezing a dried out sponge. I have seen a number of effort at making the SKS a bullpup and none have really succeeded.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not succeeded how? It looks like they succeeded just fine in those videos... :dunno:Not really worried about the trigger pull on a regular SKS. Not much you can do about it anyway.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    SKS triggers aren't that great on a good day, add in the linkage the forward trigger would require and I bet it feels like squeezing a dried out sponge. I have seen a number of effort at making the SKS a bullpup and none have really succeeded.
    Couldn't agree more, not to mention, the Hitech conversion is $675! A little more cabbage than I would want to sink into an sks.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Im curious if the accuracy would be hampered or increased. I'm searching the internet frantically for information to post with some relivent info.

So far, Im think of snatching up afew more SKS's.

Shouldn't affect accuracy, being that the same action and barrel are being used with the stock. If anything, it would probably decrease accuracy with the extra trigger pull and creep that comes with that additional trigger linkage.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Couldn't agree more, not to mention, the Hitech conversion is $675! A little more cabbage than I would want to sink into an sks.

So if the only thing that is hampered is the trigger linkage... :dunno: Is that the only downfall?

BTW, anyone getting bad accuracy from an SKS should try another brand of ammo other than Wolf... :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    One thing I think would help is if you put a shell deflector on it. I would think that would help with blow back residue coming from the chamber.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I'll be sure to get a review up. I ordered in July of '10, and they're filling orders for July 1-15 of '09.....so yeah, may be a bit still. I paid 119 (i think with shipping) as the preorder special. They're also throwing in a rail and extended mag release as a bonus for pre-orders. If you order while they're still back logged I think they're still throwing in the extended mag release for your wait. Been lots of changes to the design, but it either is or is one of the few to allow stripping clips to still be used. I saw several (as in 3 or 4) before I ordered this one that didn't. In the end the cheap price caused me to buy my SKS for this sole purpose. Now that I've had it for a while (the stock SKS) I'm remembering how much I always liked my dads, and now I think I need another so I can have a stock one and a Bullpup. As for triggler pull, the stock SKS isn't anything special, but once Bullpup'd I can't consider it anything more than a CQB firearm, and honestly for things like that trigger pull doesn't mean much to me. When you cut the sight radius in half, I don't see how trigger feel is even a consideration. I'll let you all know how it works out once I get my grubby mits on it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    For an SKS, I think it's Bullpup is the only way to go, from what I've read, seen and some reviews.

Considering the cheapness of the SKS, this appears to be an investment.

That is, unless, you enjoy a combersome rifle :)

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Having to pull the trigger forward every shot???

Are you kidding me??

Stock becomes loose??

Sounds like a great Bubba upgrade to a somewhat decent backup MBR.

Just don't do it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've found a company that has abit more info, and a guy who did a review on the product...
    Products

SE you will enjoy it

YouTube - CBRPS SKS Bullpup Conversion Review Pt.1

Wow. That conversion WOULD be cool if there were more than one point to secure the rifle to the stock, the buttplate wouldn't come loose, and the trigger reset on it's own. I'll wait for gen2 on that one. I do really like the look of the rifle though. OD green would be REALLY nice, but that's what they make paint for. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Wow. That conversion WOULD be cool if there were more than one point to secure the rifle to the stock, the buttplate wouldn't come loose, and the trigger reset on it's own. I'll wait for gen2 on that one. I do really like the look of the rifle though. OD green would be REALLY nice, but that's what they make paint for. :D

CBRS?

I dont believe the SGworks had that issue, Im not even sure te CBRS did atleast from one demo.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Adam_G
    Top Bottom