• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    You MAY be in possession of stolen government property so you might want to lighten up on letting the fact you have it.:twocents:
    Bob

Not necessarily. The old steel plates were phased out long ago for the new ceramics. Supply may have been authorized to allow members to keep the old issue—just like other gear. Now if it is the Second Chance military issue vest with level III+ plates—I would be concerned!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not necessarily. The old steel plates were phased out long ago for the new ceramics. Supply may have been authorized to allow members to keep the old issue—just like other gear. Now if it is the Second Chance military issue vest with level III+ plates—I would be concerned!

The Army does not let ANYONE keep old Armor! If you received it from a buddy it is safe to say the Army would consider it pilfered.

Also you can not buy used Interceptor vests or plates from DRMO (Government Auction).
    You may be able to purchase new from Point Blank...
    Maybe...

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The Army does not let ANYONE keep old Armor! If you received it from a buddy it is safe to say the Army would consider it pilfered.

Also you can not buy used Interceptor vests or plates from DRMO (Government Auction).
    Maybe...

Correct and the government does go after and prosecute those in possession and those selling the interceptor armor.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008

Maybe...

I can only speak about obsolete or non issuable equipment in the United States Air Force. Now as I have mentioned, any issued gear which can be re issued is NOT kept by the member. Now I had to turn my Kevlar helmet and vest in—as well as my gas mask—since it is all current issue and cannot be kept by the member. The old steel plates and carriers haven't been used in a long time.... I doubt that he got the old steel plates and carrier.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom