• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I always forget about catfish, perhaps that could work in a pond 'aquaponics' system? I might be thinking more along the lines of permaculture with a pond, no maintenance (maintains itself) just walk outside and get to eatin.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Pond with catfish, and yellow perch. Fastest growing next to tilapia. Permaculture and edible Forrest would be ideal but does take some time to establish. I am actually teaching a class this weekend on back yard food production. At Indiana Self Defense. 12-4pm. It has a fee though. There is also a free class in February on Aquaponics and other food sources in February. Go to the meetup link in the signature for details.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Being prepared for the apocalypse is not about purchases, it's about attitude and mindset, and knowledge and skills are not something you can go out and purchase. Either you live a prepared lifestyle or you don't and the learning starts now and doesn't stop

I know this sounds like a blow-off answer, but it isn't. It's like when people ask what to stock in a first aid kit. If you know how to perform first aid competently then you don't need to ask what to stock, you already know. If you don't know how to perform first aid competently then the best stocked kit isn't worth much.

Start by learning as much as you can about being self sufficient. The rest will follow.

Well said. Being self sufficient and learning then using those skills. Its not about stocking as much as living a lifestyle.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It is also wise to consider how to generate revenue from your land. I don't mean corn either. Grow crops in local demand or develop skills and a shop to support them.

Top Bottom