• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Looking at building an ar from either a kit from palmeto or delton. Both are out of stock. Anyone with any experience as to how frequently they get there stuff in stock ? Sent palmeto an email and they said they have no idea when they will be in stock and wouldnt give me a price for where their ar kit starts at. anyone purchase this kit before or have a ballpark at what it starts at? 16'' Hammer Forged M4A1 Rifle Kit - Rifle Kits - AR-15
    also any suggestion as which way to lean between delton or palmeto?

Thanks!

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have the dissipator upper and I love it. No probs whatsoever. I'm thinking about picking up another Del Ton upper. Lightweight Carbine maybe.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I got good deals from PSA for a blem SLR (I didn't see the blemish, really), LPK & M4 Stock kit. My AR build runs like a champ!

Watch every day & be patient. They throw up stuff daily around 10am.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    PSA always has sales. I bought a mil spec upper for $309 with free shipping. Then you'll need a BCG and charging handle as well as a lower. I have under $800 in my new AR.

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    www.jsesurplus.com has good deals as well. i got a blemished complete upper (can't even see any problems), for like $450 a couple years ago. now may not be the best time to be looking, but deals are out there if you're patient.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My first "build" was a del-ton kit that I bought from Midway. I wanted everything to match as much as possible and bought a del-ton stripper lower from cheaperthandirt. The kit went together pretty well but the stripped lower was a few thousandths too thick and I had to touch up a spot on the rear take down pin to compensate for that. Otherwise the kit went together perfectly. I've got over 1000 rounds through my delton dissipator without the slightest hiccup. It's the go to rifle in the event I need to protect my family.

I did a PSA build pretty much the same way. Instead of buying an entire "rifle kit" I bought the "lower build kit" for just what I wanted, which was an A2 in this case. That had everything I needed to get the lower completed. When the upper I wanted came back in stock I bought it and pinned it to the lower. So far I've only got 200 rounds through my PSA and I haven't have any issues with it at all. I used a PSA Gadsen Flag lower and had zero issues with putting everything together.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    a lot of good info out there, thank you! I think i am leaning psa just because they are a site sponsor, but it might come down to who gets there stuff in stock first. Guess i need to be patient but thats easier said than done.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    a lot of good info out there, thank you! I think i am leaning psa just because they are a site sponsor, but it might come down to who gets there stuff in stock first. Guess i need to be patient but thats easier said than done.

Lean towards PSA because they make an excellent product at an excellent price. You're going to have better luck with PSA having their products in stock than Del-Ton, but once you place an order with PSA you should not expect delivery for anything that has to be assembled or build for two or three weeks. If it's mags, or a lower parts kit, or a lower built kit you should get it in a week or so, but if it's an upper you're looking at a week and half minimum. PSA can offer great quality products at low prices if you've got the patience to wait a little.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Lean towards PSA because they make an excellent product at an excellent price. You're going to have better luck with PSA having their products in stock than Del-Ton, but once you place an order with PSA you should not expect delivery for anything that has to be assembled or build for two or three weeks. If it's mags, or a lower parts kit, or a lower built kit you should get it in a week or so, but if it's an upper you're looking at a week and half minimum. PSA can offer great quality products at low prices if you've got the patience to wait a little.

how would you say psa compares to del ton price wise?

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    kind of hard to compare on prices, as there's a lot of variability on parts prices. you could have two very similiar looking uppers, and the price could be quite a bit different due to parts used (chrome lined barrel vs not, higher end hand guards, etc).

PSA's prices though seem to be right in the same ball-park as Del-Ton. A lot will come down to what you want as well. AR's are like legos, and you can build one just about any way you want.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1500 this weekend. With a bit of patience you can get most everything you need there.
    I have pieced all of mine together from random parts purchases.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just finished mine!!!

album.php

Top Bottom