Bug-In equipment and supplies (photo rich)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nice setup!

Something I have recently added (had never thought about before) - chocolate chips, candy, or other morale boosters. I vacuum pack them in canning jars with my foodsaver. Also, have some in the freezer.

Thanks.

Knowing how to make comfort food is a plus as well.

In the pantry, are a few vacuum sealed bags of chocolate and butterscotch chips, 5 lbs of prepared peanut butter, and 20 lbs. of granulated sugar. I even have a quantity of dried fruits, commercially foil wrapped granola bars, and dehydrated peanut butter.

There is 20 lbs. of flour, and frozen fruit in the chest freezer.

marinemom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Columbus
    :yesway:Glad to see someone remembered the TP. That's important stuff! Something that isn't usually thought of as "emergency preps" until you run out of it!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    :yesway:Glad to see someone remembered the TP. That's important stuff! Something that isn't usually thought of as "emergency preps" until you run out of it!

I also have a maple tree outside, with really soft leaves.....at least in the summertime. :D

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    That's outstanding Ted. Thanks for sharing. TP is our number one prep next to food and water. My wife loves buying it in bulk and gets great deals on it too so that's an even bigger plus. Can never have enough especially with 6 people in the house.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Thanks.

Knowing how to make comfort food is a plus as well.

In the pantry, are a few vacuum sealed bags of chocolate and butterscotch chips, 5 lbs of prepared peanut butter, and 20 lbs. of granulated sugar. I even have a quantity of dried fruits, commercially foil wrapped granola bars, and dehydrated peanut butter.

There is 20 lbs. of flour, and frozen fruit in the chest freezer.

I dry canned flour this year in half-gallon jars, about 50#. I have two freezers, but space is still limited.

Usually, I keep a mix - some frozen and some canned, then if I can no longer keep the freezer, I still have stores.

I just purchased a bunch of leftover Halloween candy today at 75% off that I will add to my collection. Most of it is m&ms. My boys love cookies made with them.

Now to get it cared for immediately! Otherwise, it will not make it to storage. By the way, I always store in a box or else mixed in with the veggies.:D

Top Bottom