Bug-In equipment and supplies (photo rich)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    What I have to prepare in my own home. A number of things not included, such as oil lamps, oil, necessary clothing, heating supplies, propane, etc.

What fell into the lake, I now have to replace.
    whatever002.jpg

72 hour bag. Load bearing gear not pictured (in trunk of car).
    whatever003.jpg

Lead
    whatever004.jpg

Food Pantry with 128L of stored water with chlorine (8 drops per bottle). Note 3 cases of MREs lower right shelf; Coleman propane camping grill top right shelf; and laundry and dishwasher detergent on shelf under grill.
    whatever005.jpg

SHTF commodity
    whatever006.jpg

Drink Mixes with backup containers
    whatever007.jpg

Rain Barrel with downspout diverter.
    whatever008.jpg

Yaesu VX-8DR Quad band, WX, AM, FM, SSB, SW
    whatever009.jpg

Preparedness information, in sheet protectors and in 3 Ring binder, when the internet isn't working. It can be downloaded free, at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20859980/LDS%20Preparedness%20Manual.pdf
    whatever010.jpg

Personal hygiene products
    whatever011.jpg

10 HP Coleman Powermate Generator for use on non solid state electrical equipment: Freezers, Refrigerator, lights, etc. (with 5 gal. gasoline safety can)
    whatever012.jpg

Last edited:

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I have that same downspout hookup and it's Made in USA.
    It works pretty good. When the line is full it just runs down the downspout like normal.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I wish I could keep my room that organized. Nice job. You did not mention, bulk rice, grains, dry goods etc. You could really extend your food preps with a few hundred pounds in buckets.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Very nice and organized setup. You have me beat by far.
    Things like Hurricane Sandy will help remind us to be prepared.
    I saw on the news long lines for fuel.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I wish I could keep my room that organized. Nice job. You did not mention, bulk rice, grains, dry goods etc. You could really extend your food preps with a few hundred pounds in buckets.

The pantry is a short term solution (6 month) only, and the kitchen is already fully stocked as well.....to include a chest freezer that is currently full with mostly beef, pork, and chicken.

Adequate supplies in an emergency, isn't an excuse to not continue to replenish supplies when the opportunity arises. Foraging, scavenging, planting, shopping, bartering, and hunting are activities that will continue to occur during a crisis.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Looks good! Very Jealous of you!

My next step would be home security ;). Reinforce doors/windows, fencing, alarms/notification signals etc. but those are preps that you probably just didn't picture yet.

The other thing that I really need to get a handle on are NBC preps - I think that a NBC event would be the cause in most TSHTF potential scenarios. (unlike the slow grind away to 3rd world we are going through economically, this will take years if not decades.)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Looks good! Very Jealous of you!

My next step would be home security ;). Reinforce doors/windows, fencing, alarms/notification signals etc. but those are preps that you probably just didn't picture yet.

The other thing that I really need to get a handle on are NBC preps - I think that a NBC event would be the cause in most TSHTF potential scenarios. (unlike the slow grind away to 3rd world we are going through economically, this will take years if not decades.)

The house is also alarmed, with reinforced steel door jams, and a privacy fencing around the back yard. Duct tape, plastic, staple gun, and tarps are stored away to seal off incoming breaches to the outdoors and the potential of biological and chemical hazards.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recognize the gun safe. I have similar unit and full as well. I have a second one to lock up the ammo. I envy your storage space. Nice set up. Our house is secured in many of the same ways. We have to finish the privacy fence off. The alarm system we use is enhanced with extra toys to cycle lights etc.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Nice setup!

Something I have recently added (had never thought about before) - chocolate chips, candy, or other morale boosters. I vacuum pack them in canning jars with my foodsaver. Also, have some in the freezer.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The house is also alarmed, with reinforced steel door jams, and a privacy fencing around the back yard. Duct tape, plastic, staple gun, and tarps are stored away to seal off incoming breaches to the outdoors and the potential of biological and chemical hazards.

You might want to calm it. A building upon which you rely for shelter and security getting the jitters may not be a good thing! :):

Top Bottom