Bud's Gunshop retail location...worth going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I have to be in Lexington for business for a few days soon and I am contemplating swinging over to check it out. Is it worth the effort? Size/selection/service worth driving over and stopping in?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Curious question. Are there any guns that out cant buy and walk away with if you are from Indiana? Obviously, I know NFA items are out.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I went to Bud's aka The Gun Warehouse 2 weeks ago and it is an amazing place. Personally, I have never seen such a selection of pistols, long guns, and ammo. It's ridiculous! They also have 2 types of gun ranges: traditional and metal reactive. Oh yeah, there is a online form to reserve your lane. It was very handy!

Link to retail store:
    The Gun Warehouse & Range

I am not trying to over play this store, but it's like going to Disney Land, but for gun enthusiast! I will be going back in July. :)

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Not my kid
    Not my fridge but...
    my youngest boy use to do it all the time so the pic was fitting
    :laugh:

hahaha, ok. I was intrigued because my 1 year old runs to the fridge when he hears it open and will try to climb the shelves also. Ah the joys of fatherhood......;)

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's a nice shop. They have a LOT of pistols and a range. Even had some black rifles when the craze was ongoing.

Worth a stop inside. To me, Orion Arms in Jeffersonville, IN has just as good or better selection for long rifles and mil surp stuff and it's a lot closer.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If you are going to be there, it is worth going to. My parents live close and that is the indoor range we go to. We haven't shot on the steel range yet but the other one is always nice and clean.
    If/When someone decides to help you, they are usually very attentive and answer your questions. However, since they have so many people that come in there to just look, don't be offended if it takes a little bit to get a sales persons attention.
    Have fun! They have A LOT to look at!!!

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    One plus for Bud's.. As said you can take a longgun with you back to Indiana, but a handgun needs to be shipped to your FFL....Buying online often offers free shipping to the FFL, ask for it when you retail buy, sometimes it is available. ALSO many FFL's are registered with Bud's so you don't have to have a copy of their licence to get the deal done. That has worked for me twice, as I deal with an FFL here in Floyd County who is on Bud's approved list.
    AL

Top Bottom