• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Check yard sales for the small hand carry hard plastic coleman or igloo type lunch coolers, most are priced used under $3 bucks, a good budget shooters dry box for ammo, shooting glasses, ear protection etc.

dean2182

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    New Albany
    I bought a lot of great gear on EBay. In January all the large stores reduce there inventory. It ends up on EBay cheap. I'm partial to Browning clothing & have
    purchsed a 4 way parka & bibs fot less than a $100.00

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Goodwill laptop/range bag :yesway:

Goodwill is like a treasure hunt. Just dig around and you never know when you will strike gold.
    Sale and clearance are the the only way to go. I never leave the store without looking at clearance isle.
    Think outside the box. Just because something has an intended use dose not mean there are 100's of other uses for it.

hoosiercheetah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I saved a lot at the high-dollar end of the equipment list.
    I bought a CVA Buckhorn from Cabela's website for 110.00. I picked up a Nikon scope for 45.00 at Gander mountain. I've been hunting with this set up for about 6 years. I've never had to adjust the scope. Every time I take it out of the safe, it shoots under 2" groups at 100 yds.
    Why spend many hundreds on rifles and scopes when quality can be had at a lower price?

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Garage sales are the hot ticket. Lots of bargains to be had there. Gerber multitool -$1.00. Thermos - $1.50. Travel bags $1.00 - $3.00. Hand tools - $1.00 - $3.00. Almost new rolls of Duct tape - $.25. Books - $.25. Cast iron pans - $2.00 - $5.00.

You never know what you'll find that will blow you away.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    The windicator "powder in a squeeze bottle" can be done cheaper than the $4.99 they ask for the small one by going to to the travel aisle and buying the small unscented Johnson and Johnson powder for $.99 or so.

Midwest207

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Indy
    Arrow Tube

If you bow hunt and want a great cheap way to store your arrows, Go to Hardware store and by 3" or 4" PVC pipe. Comes in 8' or 10' section. Also pick up end caps Two for each tube. Bring home and cut the pipe in lengths a little larger than your arrows. Put a cap on either end and you are done. You can drive over them and your arrows are safe and sound.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Last year I washed my clothes in All unscented detergent, and stored them in baking soda until opening day. Got 2 does the first day I put them on. I have no Idea whether I was scent free or not, but I would like to think so!!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I second yard sales. I recently got a 1-man North Face tent in great condition for $12

Once got a vintage steel-belted Coleman cooler for $4

Another good one...Goodwill Outlet...you have to dig through bins (consider gloves), but it can be well worth the effort...truly a treasure hunt. Most stuff is sold by the pound...the more you buy, the less per pound. They rotate all of the bins in the store on every odd hour (locally, anyway)...this is a sight to see.

I have found lots of "old" (woodland) B.D.U.s in there, the occasional complete camp stove, Coast Guard issue life jackets, older milsurp pistol belts....etc...etc...all at $1.59/lb or less.

Last edited:

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Two words...Rural King! Last winter after deer season they had a sale on camo clothing thatwas awesome! It was an off brand but I realy liked the pattern, I spent $120 on $200 worth of stuff. They also had a Scent Killer pack with bar soap, detergent, clothing spray, and I think deoderant for $5!!! I bought 2 Plus ammo is a few dollars cheaper than anywhere else!

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Rural King is awesome! I go there instead of Walmart anymore. I've emailed them a few times, too, to try and get them to start selling firearms. Since Walmart bowed to the liberals and stopped selling guns, there is no place in Martinsville to buy them. (I know, hard to believe!)

Top Bottom