• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    My fiance carries a Bersa, she loves it, we have slung about 500 rounds down range with it and had one misfire due to a crappy primer.

Feeds HP, and ball ammo with no issues, and it has some weight and quality feel to it that other .380s seem to lack.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I just picked up a Polish P83 Wanad, all I can say is WOW! Gotta hand it to the Commies. For around 300 bucks, it's a real nice gun, super accurate and 9x18 Makarov caliber is very similar to 380. Also built like a Brick S!@# house.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I can't quite understand the concern about maintenance, and cleaning. Is grandma going to make enough range trips that she needs to clean her own weapon? Good grief I think that she should watch young grandson clean, and maintain it. Did she make the kids bake their own apple pies, and knit there own hats?

I realize that the purchase train has already left the station, but if money is tight in the family just three range trips at around $.60 per round should also come out of grandson's pocket. A 9mm could have saved about $20 per trip.

Regardless I hope that the gun works out well for her, and that she enjoys the experience.

Oh. and buy her some ice cream on the drive back home, ya young whippersnapper.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    My Bersa Thunder 380, is one of three guns in my collection that I would NOT sell.
    Totally reliable, accurate, super easy to maintain.
    Where I live, 380 is $1.00 - $2.99 higher per box than 9MM. However, 380 is everywhere.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Another vote for a revolver. A nice K-frame would be perfect for her. You should be able to pick up a nice, used, inexpensive S&W Model 10 in 2.5" or 4" barrel. Other similar models from S&W or Ruger would be fine too. Most people now a days seem to only focus on semi-autos. They are not always the best choice for all circumstances. A nice revolver would eliminate many problems that a less experienced gun handler would face. Ask him to reconsider this as an option.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I have been a Bersa .380 CC owner for about three years now. Honestly I have nothing but good things to say about the handgun. Recently out of the blue I called Blythe's in Valpo looking to see if they have the 9 round magazine with the extension on the end. BINGO, one left in inventory. Told them to hold it for me, picked it up on Saturday for $42. The range was slow so my son and I took advantage. He was shooting his S&W Bodyguard. That pinky extension on the mag makes a huge difference in the grip of the handgun. I did read on-line that the mag spring was having some issues for some folks. And I did have a couple of FTF. And getting that last round in the mag was a bit hard. But as time goes on and usage I am looking for that not to be a problem.

Top Bottom