Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'd give her a fatty :):

51598065.jpg

Love the little flower stickies. Hey, stupid is as stupid does. Maybe next time she won't lay a hand on an officer of the law.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Simply an assumption of surety, as you can look back at any event in life and realize that you could have done something different to get a different result. Just as I'm sure if I would have made a different statement, it would have resulted in some different comment from you.;)

No actually not, I'm kind of surprised that you posted this story. I figured you smarter than this. No matter what your feelings are, she assaulted a police officer and that is something that you don't do. If I'm not in uniform, or working in a official capacity, than that wouldn't matter to me. I would just laugh it off and walk away. But when I am in uniform than its not me your assaulting but a Police Officer and that brings a different reaction. And no it's not because of pride or any other macho reaction, but it is because if you've ever looked around, Police Officer's are always out numbered, and the only way that we enforce laws are by the cooperation and will of society. So in order to do our jobs there are certain guarantees and one of those is, if you assault a police officer you go to jail.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    No actually not, I'm kind of surprised that you posted this story. I figured you smarter than this. No matter what your feelings are, she assaulted a police officer and that is something that you don't do. If I'm not in uniform, or working in a official capacity, than that wouldn't matter to me. I would just laugh it off and walk away. But when I am in uniform than its not me your assaulting but a Police Officer and that brings a different reaction. And no it's not because of pride or any other macho reaction, but it is because if you've ever looked around, Police Officer's are always out numbered, and the only way that we enforce laws are by the cooperation and will of society. So in order to do our jobs there are certain guarantees and one of those is, if you assault a police officer you go to jail.

Thanks for the assumption of my smartness :): I can fool some people ;)

While I agree with most of that, aside from this actual story, what I see here is that when an officer violates the trust of the people and steps beyond his boundaries of enforcement, when would such a punishment and humiliation such as Alexandra's holding a sign, admitting to their crimes come to be?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Simply an assumption of surety, as you can look back at any event in life and realize that you could have done something different to get a different result. Just as I'm sure if I would have made a different statement, it would have resulted in some different comment from you.;)

Yeah, like the chick I backhanded across a kitchen once. Reckon I could have handled it differently. Of course, I was a little concerned at the time, because immediately prior to me so rudely using overpowering violence against her, she'd stabbed me in the shoulder right through my body armor.

At least some mean ole judge didn't make her hold a sign saying how sorry she was for stabbing a cop. That would have been just too cruel.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    She got what she deserved. Her actions led to his reaction. Hell if a 200lb. guy did the same to the officer he'd likely have been subdued a bit more vigorously. The cop needs to make sure a person is done being physically aggressive.

I laos think the article was slanted. Sounds like it was written by a sophmore on a college paper.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    If a woman wants to act like a man..well she gets treated like a man. I have slammed and Tased more than one and will continue to do so when and if warranted. It seems to me that more and more women are acting in this manner. Many think because they are female they get a free ride. Wrong! Anyone that touches me,my partner or anyone else in a rude,insolent or angry manner gets what they get including charged. Anyone that punches me or one my partners in the performance of our duties,well lets just say they will be dealt with promptly and decisively. They will have no question what so ever in their mind that what they did will not be tolerated. I consider being punched more of a act of defiance against the system and what we represent more than a personal assault.

I have no problem with what the ignorant woman received. Perhaps the next time she will pause and reconsider her actions first.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Deserved, it is surprising how many battered husbands are out there. If they defend themselves they are call wife beaters. If she swings like a man....then expect...

I saw it, I would have put my mom up against many men her size...

Although I did see my step-dad slug her once...I couldn't stop laughing...

Before you condemn my statement, you must believe me she DESERVED it..

Funny that you mention the battered husbands. In the domestic violance classes that we are required to attend annually, the course always states that 90 % of the time it is the female that is battered. Interesting enough in my twelve years as a LEO I find the ratio is closer to 50%. I have arrested as many females as males. Of all the different agency's I have worked with, the 50% number seems to be the agreed upon norm. The powers to be seem to struggle with the facts and refuse to accept the true ratios.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yeah, like the chick I backhanded across a kitchen once. Reckon I could have handled it differently. Of course, I was a little concerned at the time, because immediately prior to me so rudely using overpowering violence against her, she'd stabbed me in the shoulder right through my body armor.

At least some mean ole judge didn't make her hold a sign saying how sorry she was for stabbing a cop. That would have been just too cruel.

Handled it differently? Yea you could have shot her. It appears you used a lot of restraint IMO.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    This is a horribly written article.
    What is this guy her cousin or something?
    We get one side of a story here where the cop is pointed out to be the bad guy.
    If it was the bouncer she attacked, she most likely would have ended up hurt.
    But just like hate crimes, I think assault is assault regardless of who is being attacked.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    That article counts as journalism? Can he be any more condescending? I thought reporting was about giving the who, what, where, when and how without personal bias? Why was this reposted here?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am locking this thread. It is not taking us anywhere good anytime soon.

And in the future, just to be clear, I am happy to lock Pro-LEO threads or Non-LEO threads for the same reasons.

Anyone who has a problem with this lock, feel free to PM me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom