• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Stopped in today to get some ammo and they now have a glass case behind the counter set up for long guns. They said guns should start showing up late April, early May! The lady I spoke with wasn't sure what kind of guns specifically but she said "rifles, 22's and shotguns"...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Yeah. 2 weeks ago I was looking for some decent ammo for the 10/22 (I'm new, finding wildcat is pretty much the suck) and the sales guy (Didn't catch his name, but he's the dude in the wheel chair) was spot on about the ammo recommendations (federal). He mentioned that they'd be carrying rifles and shotguns soon.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    The Walmart in brownsburg used to sell guns, and the guy that used to work the counter was a complete d-bag. Hopefully this time around they'll get someone better to run the counter!

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I got my neatest 10/22 at Walmart about 20 years ago. I have never seen another like it. Nice green laminated wood, SS, Ruger sling. Hope they carry some specialty ones again.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Yeah. 2 weeks ago I was looking for some decent ammo for the 10/22 (I'm new, finding wildcat is pretty much the suck) and the sales guy (Didn't catch his name, but he's the dude in the wheel chair) was spot on about the ammo recommendations (federal). He mentioned that they'd be carrying rifles and shotguns soon.
    I think his name is Mike. Be careful, though. Once you get to know him a little more he can talk. It's not bad. He isn't a self-proclaimed know-it-all. Just seems to be a good person. And I've talked to him several times and he originally told me they were gonna get back into the gun biz sometime last year. I don't go there often, but have looked everytime I am there.

racer77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    i'm a little suprised they are getting back in the business. good for us! they have good prices on ammo. maybe the price of firearms will be good also. it will be interesting to see the products they will carry. :popcorn:

RHorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I got my neatest 10/22 at Walmart about 20 years ago. I have never seen another like it. Nice green laminated wood, SS, Ruger sling. Hope they carry some specialty ones again.

I have one exactly like it. It is the international edition i believe. It was my first gun and will always be my favorite.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel

+1 for that sales guy, I've actually dealt with him a lot, he seems to be one of the few Wallyworld employees who you can hold an actual conversation with on gun related subjects.

flatoutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Always a struggle for me at Wally Martinez (Wal-Mart). I honestly think people dress in the worst possible clothes to try and make the "People of Walmart" photos.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    The 'firearms' our local Walmart carry are limited to the airsoft variety... And all of the ammo is in a locked case, must mean our 'people of Walmart' cannot be trusted anywhere near firearms... Good thing we have a few gun stores around...

sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Coal Creek, IN
    Avon had a black powder .50 a month or so ago. Since they have no case, they cabled it to a shelf by the ammo :facepalm:

oh well, worth a drive to b'burg when they get there.

Top Bottom